V8 Bonnet Press Templates

Quinten

I've recently did my V8 bonnet vents using some mesh and these 3D printed press templates.

2024-04-0815_41_58.thumb.jpg.5c2f986562b3360b3c496c1060de59f3.jpg

You can find the 3D model files in my post here, but I appreciate that not everyone has access to a printer or the skills to design something themselves.

So I'd like to hereby offer these free of charge to members who can then use them to press bonnet vents in his/hers preferred mesh.  All I'm asking is to cover the postage to your address and once you're finished with them, offer them up to the next person under the same terms.

@HB46443 has first dibs 👍

• Like 9

Can I add myself to the queue please? Mine is due to have it's paint finished in the next month, and this is one of the jobs on my list. This would be a great help.

Thanks! 😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quinten said:

I've recently did my V8 bonnet vents using some mesh and these 3D printed press templates.

2024-04-0815_41_58.thumb.jpg.5c2f986562b3360b3c496c1060de59f3.jpg

You can find the 3D model files in my post here, but I appreciate that not everyone has access to a printer or the skills to design something themselves.

So I'd like to hereby offer these free of charge to members who can then use them to press bonnet vents in his/hers preferred mesh.  All I'm asking is to cover the postage to your address and once you're finished with them, offer them up to the next person under the same terms.

@HB46443 has first dibs 👍

Thank you! Quinten. I would love to press these. I will Email my details through the forum. 

P.s Does anyone now how to press?  Crash course on the way. 🚜

Thanks again @Quinten  @DarrenK your next!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HB46443 said:

Sandwich the mesh between the male and female press templates.

Use two planks of wood to spread the force equally on the outside of the templates.  Clamp them together with some clamps

2024-01-26 15.57.43.jpg

Put in a vice and squeeze

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HB46443 said:

Thank you! Quinten. I would love to press these. I will Email my details through the forum. 

Thanks again @Quinten  @DarrenK your next!

Yes please I would like a lend as well

• Like 1

Hi Quinten et all,

Could I be added to the list?
I have the mesh already and made flat ones to bridge the missing holes in the bonnet when I brought it. 

@Quinten you really are a star and an all round good egg 🫶🏼

• Like 2

Hi @Quinten

before I cut around the outer edge. Is this where I should trim?  Do not have the car with me, still at tuners. so unable to offer up.

image.jpg

I would not cut it until you are re-united with the bonnet.  You can always cut more, but never add back again!

• Thanks 1

Just noticed why you are a clever bloke. The line in the middle of this piece is to make sure the grill is straight when looked horizontal. 🙌 Another made. All three now done. 24 hours under some weight just to humour me really. Onto the next home. @DarrenK  

please send address by email Darren. 

Quite proud I kind made something!  Although others are sure to comment I’ve always been good at bending things. 

HB. 

IMG_1496.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Quinten said:

I would not cut it until you are re-united with the bonnet.  You can always cut more, but never add back again!

Good advice above from @Quinten there's nothing standard on a Westfield and there's a good chance the holes in your bonnet may be different sizes to his, so check before posting the molds away.

• Thanks 1

Yep, depending on exactly how they were trimmed, when de-moulded at the (GRP) suppliers, some of the bonnet openings - the scoop in particular, can vary massively, bonnet to bonnet.

4 hours ago, HB46443 said:

Just noticed why you are a clever bloke. The line in the middle of this piece is to make sure the grill is straight when looked horizontal. 🙌 Another made. All three now done. 24 hours under some weight just to humour me really. Onto the next home. @DarrenK  

please send address by email Darren. 

Quite proud I kind made something!  Although others are sure to comment I’ve always been good at bending things. 

HB. 

IMG_1496.jpeg

They look fantastic 😎 you have mail, where did you buy your mesh from?

Thanks 👍

And thanks to Quinten - not all heroes wear capes 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HB46443 said:

The line in the middle of this piece is to make sure the grill is straight when looked horizontal. 🙌

Actually, the line is there because my print bed isn't large enough to print it in one piece, so I had to glue two pieces together ;)

Happy to be called clever though 🤣

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.