Is there a Forensic Accountant in the house?

Blatman

An unusual request I grant you, but, on behalf of others I am in need of the services of a forensic accountant or similar, to help a small group of people with an accounting challenge where the issuing body is historically opaque and evasive. Any and all recommendations gratefully accepted.

For reference the relevant dispute procedures have already been followed. Unfortunately, even with the relevant dispute procedures and a supposed "industry body" having oversight, the issuing body is still allowed to check their own homework and declare it correct when there is clear evidence it isn't. The next step is to see if a legal challnge could be mounted on the basis of negligence in the accounting and more importantly, auditing proceses that may then open the door to further challenges being brought.

And for the avoidance of doubt, I am not looking for mates rates or pro bono work. There is budget to pay the relevant rates for the work to be undertaken. A recommendation of an individual or company would give confidence in the choice of who is picked to help take this forwards as there is no experience in the group in choosing such a person or body to act on their behalf.

I'll PM you a suggestion ;) 

I’ve used ClarksonHyde accountants for purchasing companies before. They have been brilliant and will take issues on on a no win no fee basis. My current contact at the Sutton office is Charles Green but he wouldn’t be the man to do forensic accounting. Malcolm Coomber is one on the owners - he only works when he want to as he has won the lottery twice. 

I was formerly a Forensic Botanist, in that I dissected people’s house plants to find out why they died.

Before that I was a Chicken Whisperer, helping poultry farmers figure out why their hens wouldn’t lay eggs.

I was also an Home Appliance Faith Healer.  People would bring their vacuums, toasters, microwave ovens, etc to my travelling road shows, where I would lay hands on them to drive out the demons that possessed them.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

I was formerly a Forensic Botanist

Actually that might qualify you 'cos from what I have seen, the accounts we want to investigate seem to have been prepared by some sort of malformed root vegetable...

On 03/04/2024 at 14:17, AndrewBClarke said:

I’ve used ClarksonHyde accountants for purchasing companies before. They have been brilliant and will take issues on on a no win no fee basis. My current contact at the Sutton office is Charles Green but he wouldn’t be the man to do forensic accounting. Malcolm Coomber is one on the owners - he only works when he want to as he has won the lottery twice. 

Thanks Andrew, I shall put them forwards to call up and discuss the requirements.

• Like 1