Derby Notts Monthly Pub Meet! 7pm on 4th April @ The Clock Warehouse

Rob Hunter - Club Secretary

How I love the Spring!

Daffodils inexorably pushing their way through the soft soil to display their golden petals to the warming sun.

The sickly sweet aroma of a half eaten, fluff covered Cadburys Cream Egg that has rolled under the sofa.

The angry sound of snooze buttons being hit over and over as we mourn the loss of that precious hour of sleep.

The happy sound of morning birdsong drowned out by next doors mower.

The beautiful carpet of bluebells in many a secluded wood.

The happy sight of the gov.uk website showing the car is no longer on SORN.

The sound of industrious bee's buzzing around every blossom tree.

The metallic clank of garage doors creaking open followed by the whirring of starter motors and fuel pumps awakening.

The rhythmic tapping of fingers on keyboards accessing the WSCC Tech Forum trying to find out why the bl**** car won't start.

Finally, the cough and splutter of a rough idle early on a Sunday morning to notify sleepy neighbours that Westfield season has truly started!

Why not celebrate with friends new and old at the Clock Warehouse on Thursday evening!?

We have lots on this year, with Kitfest in 2 weeks, Malvern in 9 weeks, the Sprint Series back at Curborough and Mallory in June plus our normal meets in the Peaks and local area. 

Hopefully the weather gods will play ball and we can get some cars out!

As normal we will be upstairs from about 7pm.

See you there!!!!

Rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For those of you not on Beer Town Kits ........messenger chat group or the D&N facebook group.

Well what an evening, so many of the old guard mixed with newbies. I dont think I have ever enjoyed a meeting as much as that one..... very emotional.Really coudnt believe it when Eileen and Holly appeared. Well done guys... masters of the unexpected.

Very devious Mr Hunter, Mr Hodder and Mr Eastwood, but truly a special evening.

• Haha 2

A great evening, very well deserved @Garry Bunn - Derby & Notts Joint AO 👏, here's a few pics from me -

image.png.4709e9221f65ea6cf377835585777241.png

image.png.0de6344e75724a4c6c2a35368cb22cce.png

IMG_3952.thumb.JPG.55df2649c09401764cce710776c39234.JPG

• Like 2