Budget

neilwillis

1.9p a litre on fuel, no increase in Road Fund Tax

2.4p a litre on diesel

Fiscally neutral budget

What do you think about it all?

:oops:

:angry::angry::angry::angry: ****ers the lot of em

No doubt there'll be a 'how much worse off am I' type calculator on the net fairly soon.

As usual, I imagine it probably won't make a huge difference to me. Don't smoke, don't drink huge amounts, and if he hasn't done too much to the motorist then that's probably Ok.

Have to have a read of what else he's done though.

Andy

According to the BBC's calculator our household income will be £1.75 per week worse off....

No big shakes then

According to the BBC's calculator

This is here.

And according to that, there'll be absolutely no change for me (including petrol). How does that work ???

Andy

By the time you've taken the changes in income tax and balanced that against the rise in fuel tax, maybe it's correct.

Or, are you just looking at the headline figure, as it said zero for me too but when I looked at the subtotals I worked out the differences from there

You are now (or will be) paying 49p to the govt for every litre of low sulphur diesel you buy. But it could have been worse if we were not running up to an election. Or am I just an old cynic???

Or, are you just looking at the headline figure, as it said zero for me too but when I looked at the subtotals I worked out the differences from there

The headline, and all the others, said 'No change'.

:durr:

Andy

The headline, and all the others, said 'No change'.

:durr:

Andy

Oh, I forgot, you drink more sparkling wine than red :)

lol.

Think I might have mis-read some of the questions. Was it bottles of wine / litres of petrol per month? I put in per week figures...

Perhaps it just thought the increase was too small to be concerned with :)

Andy

Andy, the penny a pint increase is bound to hit you hard in April when you supply it free for the wedding guests!

Or is Luned picking up the tab?

No free beer at my wedding, sorry!

Plenty of wine should be flowing during the afternoon, after that, people can pay for their own :D

:t-up:

Andy

I decided to put my 'phone on divert and go for a blat this afternoon. Was going to put some fuel in from my jerry can under the bench but I forgot in my hurry to get going. Tried two petrol stations, one of which was Tesco in Amersham, and neither had more than one or two pumps with unleaded.   :(  I nearly had to buy Optimax and I'm not sure a Pinto on Dellortos would benefit from that. Where was all the petrol? Maybe the Metro and Allegro drivers were panic buying?  :p