How do you change the picture on my profile

jeff oakley

It was in 2001 that I had help to put a picture of my car in my profile. The black and yellow one you see now, it has had two owners since then so I thought I would change it but I cannot for the life of me work out how to do it.

Can someone who is not a dinosaur like me tell me how to do it

Thanks in advance

Click on the picture where it appears to the left of your post, then on your profile page click on the image icon at the bottom of your avatar photo, that will bring up the image changing/uploading dialogue

image.png

image.png

You can then either select to remove the photo, and use the generic auto assigned avatar, or choose a replacement picture.

Note the maximum file size! - this is what often used to catch people out, in the past. You may need to reduce the file size if it's a high quality image. No problem if you have photo/image editing software. (The old down and dirty method, used to be, use your phone to email your self the photo and when it asked if you wanted to reduce its size, say yes and go for something under 0.49 MB!!)

15 minutes ago, jeff oakley said:

It was in 2001 that I had help to put a picture of my car in my profile. The black and yellow one you see now, it has had two owners since then so I thought I would change it but I cannot for the life of me work out how to do it.

Can someone who is not a dinosaur like me tell me how to do it

Thanks in advance

Click on the 3 lines top right from any wscc page, then click on the image top left next to your name. Then you will be able to edit either image (there are 2!)  There is an edit button for each within the picture frame, one top right, one top left 

I use an app called Compress Image to reduce the pictures to kb from mb