Message from Tom Green ex Comp Sec and Speed Series Founder

Mark Stanton

Hello All ( back in England for a short stay and borrowing Marks PC and account)

Mark has been updating me on all your exploits and the success that you have all had over the years, not just in the SS but in some major championships - just what the championship was started for to develop an interest in motorsport and its fantastic to see - just to wish everyone success and best wishes for the years ahead.

I'll be back to jolly France shortly - have a great season - Tom & Cynthia

• Like 8

Thank you Tom.  It's had more reach than you might have imagined. It's now a generational thing. The Speed Series got me into motorsport which in turn fostered my son Alex's interest as he grew up around the paddock. He's a quicker driver than me but won't be competing this year as he's now working for INRacing and will likely be spending much of the summer around Europe and the UK circuits spannering and helping out the Historic Classic racing team.

• Like 2

Great to hear from you Tom.

Would be great to see you around the paddock if you were ever in the UK and had the time.

hope you are enjoying life in France

Ian

Great to hear from you Tom, can still remember some fun times back in those days. 

Be great to see you if you get a chance when over here. 

Thanks All - I'll copy all responses and send through to Tom - just an update, to say Tom & Cynthia are hoping for a short stay in the UK in July, once they let me know dates - it would be great to arrange a surprise catch up with as many folks as can make it - ssssshhhhhh .... 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tom is now safely back in France, he has asked me to thank everyone for their thoughts and wishes and will try and get over to UK in July - and a Thank you to the WSCC team - on his arrival back in France, there waiting for him was a 2024 calendar and copy of latest magazine 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1