Peak District meet Sun 18 Feb, 9.30, Cupola Cafe, Stoney Middleton

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at the newly opened visitor centre and cafe in Stoney Middleton at 9.30am. 

It is called Cupola Cafe and is located at S32 4TF. 

https://www.stoneymiddletonheritagecentre.org/new-heritage-centre

The menu can be found here 

Cupola menu.jpg

Weather dependent, who is joining us?

Nope. Sorry. Would love to but away on a family holiday. 5 adults and a dog in one car plus luggage. That sounds just about ok until the added details - the trip is over 3hrs in each direction and the dog is travel sick after about 20 minutes 🤮. Still should be good. 🫰

• Haha 3

If the weather good I should be there👍

• Like 1

Not sure if I'll make this, radiator less at the moment, trying to sort out a temporary solution, but might not be in time for the weekend.

• Sad 1

Eek, currently praying for good weather, hoping this will draw people out, tried and tested it this morning 

Cupola breakfast.jpg

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman if you need a radiator @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO and ourselves have the odd spare one loitering on our garage walls😁

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative said:

Eek, currently praying for good weather, hoping this will draw people out, tried and tested it this morning 

Cupola breakfast.jpg

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman if you need a radiator @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO and ourselves have the odd spare one loitering on our garage walls😁

He's got one of mine from my 'museum of cooling' 😉

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative said:

if you need a radiator

I have one from Ian, which will be used as the "model" for a permanent replacement. However, my heavy duty fan won't fit on any of the rads with fan mounts built in, so I can't actually run with it on.

I've ordered a cheap Golf version of the Polo style rad, as a temporary "keep it running" solution, it just hasn't arrived yet. :bangshead:

• Sad 1

Sadly I'll be doing a 300 mile round trip in the tin top dropping the youngest off for his Phase 2 training....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

it just hasn't arrived yet. :bangshead:

image.png

And back in with a shout! If fitting goes OK tomorrow, I may be there!!

• Like 2

Yeay, brill, we will be there even if it is raining first thing because the forecast is for it to become drier and that's worth a punt when you need to get out in your Westfield.

Hope to see you Sunday @Glynn Walters @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman, anyone else?

• Like 3

Sorry, I'm not going to make tomorrow.

The "Golf style" Polo rad arrived Friday, but it's wider and it's mounting bosses are a completely different spacing. I did get a large way through making some adaptor brackets, but realised when I started mounting the fan to the rad, I's cocked up, and they weren't going to work. So I'll need to come up with a different way of mounting it.

Oh well, next time...

• Sad 1

Oh that is such a shame Dave, the weather is looking better than originally forecast too. If you just fancy a breakfast then pop along anyway in the tin top.

It’s not raining so the Westfield is out and the roof is off, yippee 

• Like 3