Sierra SDV wishbones

J D

I'm looking for either,

1) a pair of front lower wishbones for the sierra SDV

2) widetrack set (top and bottom) for the sierra SDV.

Thanks

2 hours ago, J D said:

I'm looking for either,

1) a pair of front lower wishbones for the sierra SDV

2) widetrack set (top and bottom) for the sierra SDV.

Thanks

FYI there is no widetrack option for the Sierra SDV. They only ever came in one size specifically for the Sierra uprights. 

Thank you for the correction, I'm picking my way through understanding the Sierra SDV. What i do know is I have standard lower wishbones fitted as I can't get negative camber or toe in, all the other parts are correct.

So just need the lower wishbones.

The Sierra SDV lower wishbones are a bit of a one-off. They are somewhere in between std and widetrack. The top wishbones are the same as std. 

If you can’t find any, you can maybe look for a set of Cortina uprights, hubs, discs and calipers on eBay. They will be cheaper than the alloy items that use the same geometry but will fit your current wishbones (assuming they are indeed std size). Then flog off your Sierra items to the Locost/MK community to recoup the cost. 

Bit of a ballache, but as someone who has been there, I can confirm it’s worth it!

2 hours ago, Kingster said:

The Sierra SDV lower wishbones are a bit of a one-off. They are somewhere in between std and widetrack. The top wishbones are the same as std. 

If you can’t find any, you can maybe look for a set of Cortina uprights, hubs, discs and calipers on eBay. They will be cheaper than the alloy items that use the same geometry but will fit your current wishbones (assuming they are indeed std size). Then flog off your Sierra items to the Locost/MK community to recoup the cost. 

Bit of a ballache, but as someone who has been there, I can confirm it’s worth it!

Will be going down that route, or the alloy uprights as I want better brakes etc, but initally need to get it IVA and then registered. Preferrably keeping the registration of the donor vehicle, hence looking for the Sierra wishbones. I bought this one for my forray into Westfields link really good build just some bits to finish.

2 minutes ago, J D said:

Preferrably keeping the registration of the donor vehicle

Not possible I am afraid. You can get an “age related” reg, but you can’t keep the donor reg. 

6 minutes ago, Kingster said:

Not possible I am afraid. You can get an “age related” reg, but you can’t keep the donor reg. 

Yeah sorry, thats what I meant. Rather than a Q plate.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.