Cotswold meeting?

Hairy toes eagle

1 hour ago, robcolt said:

Would it be better to have this thread in "Local area meets" section?

Good idea. I've moved it.

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone fancy a meet on the 4th May (or that weekend). If the weathers alright. 

Either Golden Heart in Birlip or the royal Oak in Gretton, or anywhere else if anyone has a preference.

Just be nice to get out once this darn rain has stopped.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hairy toes eagle said:

Would anyone fancy a meet on the 4th May (or that weekend). If the weathers alright. 

Either Golden Heart in Birlip or the royal Oak in Gretton, or anywhere else if anyone has a preference.

Birdlip venue is only 36 miles from me so I may be interested depending upon commitments and when the meeting will be, day, time etc. If I can get there I can probably drag others along. Please keep me updated if this happens. 

On 11/04/2024 at 09:15, Hairy toes eagle said:

I almost had a heart attack when I looked up Gretton on Google Maps. It's nowhere near Birdlip or that area. Turns out the Royal Oak is in Gretton Road. NOT Gretton the place!  😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

I almost had a heart attack when I looked up Gretton on Google Maps. It's nowhere near Birdlip or that area. Turns out the Royal Oak is in Gretton Road. NOT Gretton the place!  😂

I bet you did, Gretton the little village or hamlet maybe, North East of Cheltenham, little remote maybe but a good area for bombing about on a nice day. 

• Like 1

On 13/04/2024 at 07:41, Hairy toes eagle said:

I bet you did, Gretton the little village or hamlet maybe, North East of Cheltenham, little remote maybe but a good area for bombing about on a nice day. 

That's odd, normally when I search a place name on Google Maps it shows the nearest one to me if there are more than one of them. This time it didn't even mention that there actually is another Gretton near Cheltenham, it gave me the one north of Corby. So I will correct myself, the Royal Oak IS in Gretton just not the one Google Maps is trying to con me into visiting 😂