Warwickshire Area Meeting, Thursday 15th February

Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO

NB. NO MEET AT THE FALCON THIS MONTH!

As discussed at our Christmas meal, I thought we would do something different from our regular pub meet in these winter months. Therefore I have organised a slot car racing event for our February get together.

The venue is Daventry Miniature Raceway NN11 6BG. Have a look at the website for an overview of the facilities https://www.dmracecars.co.uk/

There will be a competition on the six lane track, with trophies up for grabs! In addition to the main track there are other items such as a rally stage event and drag racing too!

Proposed meet time is 7.30pm to start at 8pm, finish around 10pm. There is a licenced bar with tea/coffee and snacks available to purchase. The cost of the event will be £15 per person. I need to confirm numbers for the event one week before ie 8th Feb. Let me know ASAP please.

• Like 1

I'd have done this if I wasn't at my lads passing out parade.

Sounds great fun, we've been trying to find one in the Derby Notts area to no avail 🤷‍♂️

As I've hardly been out recently, I'd love to come along, so please reserve me a place! I drive past that place all the time, but I've never had the chance to stop in so I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2024 at 19:31, DIY-Si said:

As I've hardly been out recently, I'd love to come along, so please reserve me a place! I drive past that place all the time, but I've never had the chance to stop in so I'm looking forward to it.

I've put you on the list. See you there!

• Thanks 1

Last call for anyone to join us for this slot car race competition! I have 12 competitors confirmed at the moment but we can take more.

£15 per person

Trophies on offer for the top drivers

Licenced bar

Snacks available 

Non competing spectators free of charge.

• Like 1

All set for tomorrow's slot car event at Daventry Miniature Raceway. I'm really looking forward to it, I hope everyone else is too?

Just a few reminders.

Payment can be made on the night, directly to the venue (Card or cash).

Hot drinks, licensed bar and hot /cold food available to purchase.

This event replaces our normal monthly meeting so there is NO MEETING AT THE FALCON IN FEBRUARY!

See you tomorrow!

Some pics from last week's slot car racing event.

IMG-20240217-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20240216-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20240216-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20240216-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20240216-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20240216-WA0001.jpg

• Like 2