Race for glory Audi vs Lancia

matthew902

Does anyone know where I can watch the new Race for glory Audi vs Lancia. Is it been streamed in the UK.

I'm a Grp-4/Grp-B fanatic, in period to today.  I've watched the trailer - I won't be seeking out the movie, just too Hollywood dramatised for me, filmed with cars too expensive to scratch now. I could watch the new Ferrari movie though, without batting an eyelid, because I don't know that much about Ferrari and have little to compare or criticise, it would be purely entertainment.🙂

• Like 1

On 06/01/2024 at 18:46, BigSkyBrad said:

I'm a Grp-4/Grp-B fanatic, in period to today.  I've watched the trailer - I won't be seeking out the movie, just too Hollywood dramatised for me, filmed with cars too expensive to scratch now. I could watch the new Ferrari movie though, without batting an eyelid, because I don't know that much about Ferrari and have little to compare or criticise, it would be purely entertainment.🙂

I'm with you on this one...absolutely loved the Grp-B days. Whilst I want this film to be amazing, the trailer is just too Hollywood like you say.

Can't beat real footage from the 80's to appreciate how manic and crazy those days were....

Walter Rohl in a Quattro on maximum attack whist the spectators clear the way is always one of my favourite clips

All the Hollywood trickery could never highlight the skill and passion of the drivers, teams and spectators from back then!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He's a sleazy wee f***** though! 

At Nice airport, on the way to watch the WRC on Corsica (2006), I was stood next to him on those buses that take you from the terminal to the plane, and the whole time he blatantly up'n'downed my girlfriend next to me.

I love the Group 4 days just as much, when things were a little more rough and ready, all the drivers smoked on touring stages etc. They say Group B was the heyday for the cars, but Group 4 was the heyday for drivers.

A huge fan of Michelle Mouton, she got so close to world champion. From what I've read, she was near telepathic in heavy fog when everyone else backed off.

Growing up in NZ, my family were into 4WDing, and the club we belonged to provided recovery marshalling for the WRC. We were always placed mid-stage in the private forests where the public couldn't access. Back in those days a 3-4 day rally was just that, the drivers got precious little sleep as many of the stages were at night. Nothing beats seeing the backfire from Group B cars lighting up the trees at night, and you could hear them coming from a mile away - the RX-7s were the best for that.

3 hours ago, BigSkyBrad said:

He's a sleazy wee f***** though! 

At Nice airport, on the way to watch the WRC on Corsica (2006), I was stood next to him on those buses that take you from the terminal to the plane, and the whole time he blatantly up'n'downed my girlfriend next to me.

He's French..... (can I say that 🤔😬) 🤣

A huge fan of Michelle Mouton, she got so close to world champion. From what I've read, she was near telepathic in heavy fog when everyone else backed off.

I remember a interview with Walter Rohrl when he was Moutons team mate, he stated that a 'World championship has no meaning if won by a woman'. Imagine someone saying that now!

Growing up in NZ, my family were into 4WDing, and the club we belonged to provided recovery marshalling for the WRC. We were always placed mid-stage in the private forests where the public couldn't access. Back in those days a 3-4 day rally was just that, the drivers got precious little sleep as many of the stages were at night. Nothing beats seeing the backfire from Group B cars lighting up the trees at night, and you could hear them coming from a mile away - the RX-7s were the best for that.

Very envious that you were able to be a part of that. I was about for a lot of the British Rallying as a friend drove for Peugeot in the 106 and 206 Maxi, otherwise all my Group B and 4 is from watching my VHS videos.

Ari Vatanen is another favourite.

I don't remember which event, but the team had to pull Didier Auriol out of his (Lancia I think?) due to faulty power steering, he could hardly stand. 20 mins later, he is strapped back in and going for it.

I also remember Sebastian Loeb stating in an interview that if they bring back the night time stages like the days we are talking about he would quit........

I think the reason I enjoy watching motorsport from the earlier days is that the drivers had the real passion and were not necessarily dictated too by media/TV and sponsorship like they are now.

Good days!

My youngest daughter has 5 friends over for a sleepover, so I may go and hide and fire up YouTube😉

I was lucky enough to see the group B s at Harrogate, panicle of the sport.

But a  Cosworth  sierra fully sideways on the limiter was a sight to behold. 

I've always had a soft spot for the 2wd underdogs in Group B, the Nissan 240RS, Toyota Celica TCT, Opel Manta 400 and others. In the right events they had podium placings, especially the tough events like Ivory Coast, Safari and Greece. And the wee Skoda 130RS coupes that managed the occasional top 10 through sheer terrier tenacity.

In later times it was the S1600 and Maxi class cars, that had to run fulltime on the rev limiter to try to keep up with the WRC class.