Club Points? (help!)

CharliePsycho

Unfortunately the WSCC Speed Series is just too far away for me, but down here in deepest darkest Devon we have the ASWMC which have a whole series of speed and hillclimb events.

Surprisingly the WSCC is a member club (did you Northerners get lost??) but I am also a member of Torbay MC.

/QUESTIONS

OK... I am looking to compete this year, being new to all the paperwork I see that I have to nominate a club for the points I won't win... Is there any advantage to nominating WSCC or Torbay???

I am looking at entering class B3 (road going kits >1800) and this allows any legal road tyre!!! or am I being niave

QUESTIONS/

Any help much apreciated!

Cheers...

...©

We've come up against competitors from this championship before at Llandow and possibly Boscombe. I think they are allowed to use list 1B tyres and no screens for their championship. However, if you want to have points count towards the SS from rounds that coincide with each other, you then need to enter an SS class that permits 1B tyres and no screen as well. This rules out SS classes A to D IMO. On the other hand, if you enter the other championship on list 1A tyres and with a full screen, you will be uncometitive as its almost certain that all of the other competitors will be doing so.

John

Nominate Torbay. That way, any points you score will count towards a championship that you are doing the most rounds in. If you want to score Speed Series points at Wiscombe, Boscombe, and Llandow, you'll need to register for the Speed Series as well.

There are some considerations with class structure  though. The main differences are as John has pointed out, with regards to tyres. In the ASWMC championships you are allowed to run list 1B tyres in class 2B (the over 1.7l class). In the vast majority of other championships, including the Speed Series, running 1B tyres will put you in the aeroscreen (sometimes called Modified) classes....

Am I right in that .............

Charlie has stated that he feels the Speed Series rounds are to far away  ;)  ;)  ;)

So whatever championship he enters will not have any bearing in any manner on what happens or is reflected by the WSCC Speed Series  ;)  ;)

Quite simply the WSCC are registered with a number of Regional Associations  ;)  ;)  Thus allowing anyone wishing to support their local championship be they at single venues or a small number  ;)  ;) without the necessity to join another club  ;)  ;)  :D  :D

Charlie has chosen to join both Torbay MC and WSCC - well done that man for supporting both  :D  ;)  :D  ;)

Charlie may enter and register under either club in his local championship  ;)

Whichever one Charlie chooses wil be regarded as his "home" club for which that specific championship may present their own award  ;)  :D

Always expect local championships to have specific rules - such as tyre choice and aeros and BHP classes - which may not be the "same as" other championships  ;)  ;)

So Charlie - if you're just doing your local championship - then good luck and have fun ................ but if you are thinking of attending other "national based" events - then check out all the regs first and compare  ;)  ;)  :D

Hello,

I'm based in N Devon and like you I've entered in ASWMC class B3. I have a a blackbird engined westie running on Yoko Ao32r's with an aeroscreen. I did a few events last year and really enjoyed it, so going to try a few more, hopefully see you around

cheers