Mail Order Probs

pistonbroke

20 hours ago, SootySport said:

Not a good outcome then.  Do Distance Selling rights not apply if buying from a supplier outside the UK? Even when EBay is registered in UK.

Not sure about that though I suspect they might not regarding China . However the advertisement appeared to be from a UK based company with there address in Manchester and no mention of having to return the goods to an address in China !  They also advertised "free returns" 

I have now esculated the case with PayPal and am awaiting there reply . 

8 hours ago, pistonbroke said:

Not sure about that though I suspect they might not regarding China . However the advertisement appeared to be from a UK based company with there address in Manchester and no mention of having to return the goods to an address in China !  They also advertised "free returns" 

I have now esculated the case with PayPal and am awaiting there reply . 

Worth trying EBay again and quoting Your rights for Distance Selling.    If all parties refuse, your only recourse is through Small Claims Court.

Can't say I've ever had to return anything to EBay but have with Amazon and they've always paid the refund and provided a prepaid postage label.

15 hours ago, SootySport said:

Worth trying EBay again and quoting Your rights for Distance Selling.    If all parties refuse, your only recourse is through Small Claims Court.

Can't say I've ever had to return anything to EBay but have with Amazon and they've always paid the refund and provided a prepaid postage label.

Unfortunately it wasnt Ebay , found them from a Google search but I bought using paypal who are supposed to cover disputes of this sort , I got no joy from the vendor so have raised the issue via Paypal