Peak District Run Out, Sat 2nd Dec, 10am QUACKERS CAFE

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Quackers 10am before going for a run out finishing nicely at The Crispin for 12.30.

The current weather forecast is good so who is joining us?

• Like 2

I would if I could but I can’t. Couple of reasons - I need to get the venue ready for our Christmas dinner and as I’m bringing Clare I need to be in the big car!!  Hope you have a good turnout and I’ll try and keep the front car park at The Crispin ready for you. 

• Like 1

On 28/11/2023 at 19:37, DanDB said:

subject to a couple of mechanical checks

Hope Dan's checks are going to plan.

I can offer a whole and single degree of temperature with lots of sunshine :sun:. My route will be on the big roads up to the Ladybower Reservoir's so the views will be just stunning. Wrap up warm and prepare to feel alive🤩

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hi Julie

sorry but we are going to bail today. It’s a bit too icy and foggy here for me.

Take care if you still go!

Cheers

Dan

• Like 1

OK Dan, thanks for letting us know. The sun is just rising and the Peak District is calling, so we are still going, hope to see you next time x

• Like 4

I might be a few minutes late to quackers. But I’m on my way shortly!

• Like 2

Well it says it was -8 at the lowest point at the bottom of our garden last night and I have had issues defrosting the duck's water, and Gemma has disappeared to defrost the horses, so we will see you all at the Crispin because although we aren't nesh it will be nice to get out of the cold for a bit 😄

PS- it is currently -2 in the garage and that is with my tube heater running!

Luke.

• Like 2

Have a great time guys, I'll be meeting you at the Crispin in the tintop.

Sadly I didn't get home till late last night and I needed my beauty sleep! 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rob Hunter - Club Secretary said:

He does.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rob Hunter - Club Secretary said:

What went wrong; miss your nap?

• Haha 1

We met at Quacker's cafe car park but sadly were turned away as the pipes were frozen, so the coffee pot was empty. Here we are parked at Quacker's.

DSC04129.jpg

Not a problem, back in the cars and off to Hassop Station cafe on the Monsal Trail, here we are parked next to the outside seating.

DSC04131.jpg

As it didn't look like the seats were going to defrost anytime soon we decided to sit indoors. Glynn photographed great as he tucked in to his festive breakfast, a Chronut!  ChristmasDoughnut, filled with custard I might add! (not his first doughnut of the day😉😁)

DSC04130.jpg

Next we went a run and didn't it just look amazing, Higger Tor, Stanage Edge, the Hope Valley all looked great in the winter sunshine with the dusting of ice. Our route took us over Surprise View and on to the Ladybower Dam, we turned at the bottom of the Snake Pass, which was closed to vehicles over 7.5t, so I guess the conditions were bad up there. We came back through Bradwell, past Monsal Head and down into Ashford, arriving at The Crispin, Great Longstone, where Andrew and Clare welcomed us to their Christmas party. The views made it all worthwhile and the electric clothing lowered the pain level a notch or two.

Here we are parked at The Crispin

DSC04133.jpg

DSC04132.jpg

The afternoon was spent at the party, which is documented elsewhere and the drive home in the dark was the warmest part of the day.

A fantastic day out, thank you to my understanding husband, Glen and the two Winter Warriors @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman and @Glynn Walters for coming out in such challenging conditions, much respect to you x

Some more pics of Quackers cafe car park

DSC04127.jpg

DSC04128.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You are definitely 'Quackers' but total respect for braving the conditions. The car said it was -2C when we arrived at Great Longstone. It had dropped to -3C coming home after the party.

• Like 1