getting an MOT

Jam Spandex

Hi there, I'm somewhat new to this, but at some point in the next 6 months or so my SEi is going to need an MOT. Would that be something that could be done anywhere ? Or would the fact that it is a kit car mean that there are a limited number of places that would be able to do it ?

Any MOT station should be able to do it but if you can try and find one that has experience of doing kit cars would make your life easier.

• Like 1

My MOT guy used to love doing the westy. “Dead easy these… hardly anything to test compared to modern stuff” 😁

If your car is lucky enough to be on a Q (all hail the mighty Q) then check that they understand what that means and sit back as it sails through the emissions test 👍

• Like 3

Whereaboutsd in the country are you? There's every posibility your local AO or local members might have an idea about a Westfield friendly MOT place...

• Thanks 1

How about using the garage you take your Tin Top for MOT's.  If you have a good Rapport with them on first name terms, that's the place to go. 
I've Been going to the same garage with the family fleet for 18 years now and we get on well. Unfortunately he's retiring soon and selling the business so looking for a new friendly garage. 

19 minutes ago, SootySport said:

Unfortunately he's retiring soon and selling the business so looking for a new friendly garage. 

That happened to my local independent garage and the new owners were very keen to keep the old customers onside so were very obliging.  Being younger, they were more up on the modern tech too, so all in all it was a good change.

D