New Member - Surrey

Holly White

Hi all!

My name is Holly, I'm 31, and I inherited a Westfield after my dad passed last year. It is a green and black wide body, with a retrofit Fireblade engine. Currently, I cannot drive it, as it is set for my dad, who was 6'1", and I am not. The car is garaged in the Midlands, but I hope to move it down to Surrey once I have somewhere to store it. My husband and I will probably have lots of questions, as we have a long list of things to do with it. Thankfully, Westfield/Chesil had your magazine on their stall at the Classic Motor Show at the NEC last weekend.

I look forward to meeting some of you as time goes on!

• Like 5

:ww: from a very autumnal Norfolk. In case you haven't heard, we like pictures. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome from Weybridge! You’ll find everyone on here very helpful. There’s a local Surrey group and @Martin Hewes AO Surrey is the organiser. There’s also the Thames Valley group to your north and I think @Jim RS is the organiser there.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Holly White said:

Hi all!

My name is Holly, I'm 31, and I inherited a Westfield after my dad passed last year. It is a green and black wide body, with a retrofit Fireblade engine. Currently, I cannot drive it, as it is set for my dad, who was 6'1", and I am not. The car is garaged in the Midlands, but I hope to move it down to Surrey once I have somewhere to store it. My husband and I will probably have lots of questions, as we have a long list of things to do with it. Thankfully, Westfield/Chesil had your magazine on their stall at the Classic Motor Show at the NEC last weekend.

I look forward to meeting some of you as time goes on!

Hi @Holly White, seeing this post has really made my day (and I don't mind admitting, has brought a tear to my eye).

A number of us knew your dad (a thoroughly lovely guy) so it's amazing to see his car staying in the family.

If you look up the Autumn 2022 edition of the Westfield World magazine, you will see Nik mentioned in my Derby Notts Area write up. A load of our local members and friends (including some from the dragster scene that he loved so much) did a surprise car meet (organised by Nick Bradley) for your dad at the Railway Inn (his local pub) in June last year.

IMG_20220612_155543_204.jpg

IMG_20220612_155543_400.jpg

IMG_20220612_155543_427.jpg

received_708946580313369.jpeg

received_401242828423062.jpeg

IMG_20220612_155543_303.jpg

A snap of your car a couple of years earlier in 2020.... we had been out to the Long Itch Diner that morning for breakfast and then a good run round the local lanes to the Red Banger for lunch 👍

P00906-111612.jpg

• Like 3

@Martin Hewes AO Surrey

Hi Holly - welcome aboard!! I'm over in Hampshire but regularly stray into Surrey when blatting. Storage wise, what do you need? There's a number of places that offer storage around here. Am sure we (WSCC hive mind) can sort some recommendations if needed. If you're wanting to store at home, if you're short of cover but have space, I'd recommend an outdoor carcoon. My Westie spent much of it's first winter in one and is likely to be back in one shortly so my wife's winter project can be moved indoors to give a warmer working environment. 

On the height side of things, I'm 6'4 and my wife is 5'8 and we can both drive the car despite it having a fixed seat. My wife has a cushion she uses to push herself forwards, that said, I am trying to find a seat on runners that doesn't put my head any further above the screen...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rob Hunter - Club Secretary said:

Hi @Holly White, seeing this post has really made my day (and I don't mind admitting, has brought a tear to my eye).

A number of us knew your dad (a thoroughly lovely guy) so it's amazing to see his car staying in the family.

If you look up the Autumn 2022 edition of the Westfield World magazine, you will see Nik mentioned in my Derby Notts Area write up. A load of our local members and friends (including some from the dragster scene that he loved so much) did a surprise car meet (organised by Nick Bradley) for your dad at the Railway Inn (his local pub) in June last year.

IMG_20220612_155543_204.jpg

IMG_20220612_155543_400.jpg

IMG_20220612_155543_427.jpg

received_708946580313369.jpeg

received_401242828423062.jpeg

IMG_20220612_155543_303.jpg

A snap of your car a couple of years earlier in 2020.... we had been out to the Long Itch Diner that morning for breakfast and then a good run round the local lanes to the Red Banger for lunch 👍

P00906-111612.jpg

Thanks Rob! Yeah, that event was a surprise to us too. We were going up the weekend after, and found out as the photos appeared. Also I was 2 weeks post knee op and on crutches...

These pictures are all from the last time Dad (Nik) drove the car any distance, which was the Coleshill Breakfast Meet at the end of May 22. Last pic of Dad and the car, and one of me and him.

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-13 at 1.52.57 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-13 at 5.21.35 PM.jpeg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Holly White said:

Thanks Rob! Yeah, that event was a surprise to us too. We were going up the weekend after, and found out as the photos appeared. Also I was 2 weeks post knee op and on crutches...

These pictures are all from the last time Dad (Nik) drove the car any distance, which was the Coleshill Breakfast Meet at the end of May 22. Last pic of Dad and the car, and one of me and him.

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-13 at 1.52.57 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-13 at 5.21.35 PM.jpeg

Great stuff, we met up quite a few times at the Coleshill Breakfast Meet at Dordon, fun memories! Here's a couple of the August 2021 meet I dug out.

Your dad in the background with Nick, Lee, Hedley, Andy, Ben and myself.

FB_IMG_1629657085080.jpg

I managed to snap Nik driving off with Nick and Lee about to follow in formation.... quite timely as I'm sure it was only the following weekend when he managed to knock a big hole in the sump on a kerb, leaving a huge trail of oil at the Stoneleigh National Kitcar show! Luckily he always seemed to have a load of spare engines 😂

20210822_105908.jpg

• Like 3

What a great story and nice memories passed over in both directions. @Holly White looking forward to seeing what you do with the car and I hope it gives you more great memories to come.

• Like 2

The warmest of welcomes. What a great, if bittersweet, thread. Thank you for sharing, and I hope you and your family continue to get all the enjoyment from it your dad did!

• Like 2