3 Months of Ownership & Counting!

Naranja_Al

It is nearly 3-months since I bought my first Westfield and I have to admit I have loved every minute of ownership.

I’ve made some changes to the car and carried out some minor works already in the following order (I think!)

• Remove stick on number plate with small plate below front grille
  • Replace front grille with a Westfield grille
  • Westfield stick on badge to nose cone
  • Fitted fuel tank breather pipework
  • Rotated my exhaust tip to be 90 degrees to the road
  • Lowered and centralised my Dash2 Pro
  • Re-programmed the shift lights, low oil pressure and low fuel level warnings 
  • Refitted windscreen and fillet
  • Replace starter motor & battery
  • Starter motor heat shield 
  • Replace bonnet inc black grills
  • Wheel change from 15x7 to 13x7 inc new wheel studs, spacers and rear wheel bearings & hubs
  • Fitted rear diff breather and pipework
  • Removed all Jubilee clips and replaced with fuel line specific clips

The car has then gone on a carbon diet!

• Custom AJM Design exhaust surround
    AJM Design boot cover inc the grinding off and welding of the inertia seat belt bosses
  • AJM Design rear diffuser
  • NV Carbon mirror covers
  • NV Carbon rear arch protectors

Works to complete over the winter

• Fix the very small oil leak I have from my Raceline sump
  • Investigate slightly rough idle
  • Investigate the rotational vibration at 1500rpm (ish), might be nothing just amplified by being a kit car 
  • Investigate the change in noise when the clutch pedal is pressed vs depressed
  • NV Carbon sill protectors
  • Cargo net to footwells for storage
  • Silicone seal around all NV carbon parts - I HATE this!
  • Change seats / add orange piping to my current Westfield Race seats
  • Orange piping to black carpets

I have found the forum an invaluable encyclopaedia of knowledge.

Thanks everyone for your help on my journey thus far, it really is most appreciated.

Cheers,

Al

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

So my rough idle was being caused by a faulty Lambda sensor. I noticed my Wideband gauge was becoming very unstable and was ‘bouncing’ from a lean to rich mixture. Along with my exhaust too becoming very black and sooty.

I changed the sensor and the engine starts better, although not perfect by it now idles from cold better and smoother.

Upon inspection of the Wideband installation instructions, I noticed that the Lambda sensor should be installed at an angle greater than 10degrees to horizontal to allow condensation to drain out of the sensor. Checking the cars history I noticed the sensor was replaced 2 years ago; clearly an issue.

IMG_3038.jpeg.f1b59ca058a9cb320ecb09859ce657a2.jpeg

I decided to send the small section of exhaust off to Matt Simpson at Simpson Race Exhausts to have the Lambda boss capped and moved to comply with the above. Exhaust is due back tomorrow.

I thought this maybe if some use to others who are going down the full custom exhaust route.

IMG_3017.thumb.jpeg.2d5203aa5bd32855bc4bf09b4155765c.jpeg

IMG_3015.thumb.jpeg.bfabf2d692f0defea66139cc68cd7398.jpeg

I have also changed the plugs and replaced them with new plugs. I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the condition of my old plugs?

IMG_3039.thumb.jpeg.2ae9cc4e8eab4b5d2a7b0b66959333ec.jpeg

if this should be in the Tech section now apologies. Please move as required, thank you 🙏