Peak District Run Out, Sun 15 Oct, 10am QUACKERS CAFE

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Quacker's Cafe, Bakewell, 10am for refreshments before heading onto the scenic roads of the Peak District and finishing with lunch.

Subject to weather, which is currently forecast good. 

All welcome to Quacker's cafe, members only on the run please.

Who will be able to join us?

• Like 3

Sorry we can't make this one as I'm working plus the Westy failed it's MOT today when the handbrake cable snapped during the test.😒 Just got to find out what the cable is off. I think it might be a Ford Sierra cable.

• Sad 2

51 minutes ago, Andy Westwood said:

what the cable is off

Let's hope it is not off an Airbus 😁 Sierra sounds about right, Westfield sell them for £49.99, we will need one soon as it is wearing on our car. Have fun accessing it!

• Like 1

@Andy Westwood i think the cable is a special !!!!!! ive asked the people that know about them before@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman and you can get them from speedy cables the people that fix faulty guages , good luck with fixing it. We should be good for Sunday but ive come down with the manflu so if i can shake it off and not give it to Becky we'll see you Sunday ( if im covered in bruises it means ive spread the love but women dont get it as bad as us men ! )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Andy Westwood said:

Sorry we can't make this one as I'm working plus the Westy failed it's MOT today when the handbrake cable snapped during the test.😒 Just got to find out what the cable is off. I think it might be a Ford Sierra cable.

Take a look here- all depends which lever and which callipers (or drums) you've got at the rear- WCL Parts shop

image.png.6d72ed810797daf4118db4c655e49114.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aeg said:

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman and you can get them from speedy cables the people that fix faulty guages , good luck with fixing it. 

yep- Speedy Cables they may need to know lengths and details of the fixings at each end.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

yep- Speedy Cables they may need to know lengths and details of the fixings at each end

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I've ordered one from Westfield as it's has the same part number as the one on the original build paperwork. I've took the old one out. That was fun😤 I think there maybe some cursing going on when I refit the new one🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, ben1975 said:

cant make 10 am , but might come and find you all later on and i have renewed my membership whoop whoop 

If you had a proper engine you might get there on time 😂

• Haha 2

Hopefully I'll be there 👍

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rob Hunter - Club Secretary said:

If you had a proper engine you might get there on time 😂

🤣🤣 thanks rob 2 seconds 

• Haha 1

We will be driving back from a family event in Loughborough up the A515 on Sunday morning,  do you have any idea where you are going for lunch?

• Like 1