Science and History Corner

Richard (OldStager)

Another one on Free Will, I have seen a fair few on this subject over time, this one from just a few days ago is an easy one to understand , yet still leaves me with questions... as all the best lectures should do really.

Slight change of tack here, still got science in it though. If you ever watched the original series in the 90's and into the 00's, you will recognise a fair few of the same crew, Mr Robinson occasionally shows up for opening titles in some videos, but isn't in the main ones generally anymore. Time Team is now YouTube only these days.

More Time Team stuff, below are days 1 to 3 of their latest dig in 2024

Day1

This was the first time I ever caught a live stream from the RI, it's just finished, but was a good lecture.

Now as soon as I see a video with the words "magic" or " magical" in its title my sceptical side passes them by , unless of course yours names are Pen and Teller ( at least they tell you its not magic and even explain how they do the "magic" ) .

However this is from Gresham, so ignored my aversion and watched it, it really just highlights magic as seen through history. hosted by Professor Ronald Hutton.

Another offering from Gresham College, this time ... Aliens ?....

Hosted by Chris Lintott

Dr Becky talks you through the months latest discoveries.

In tonights video, I am sure all we know the answer to this, but in case you don't....

A slightly left field one here, the science of music..., never really seen music as that before.

• Like 1

Gresham really putting out vids more frequently these days, this one is on Future technology 

• Like 1

• Richard (OldStager) changed the title to Science and History Corner