• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Anyone with Octopus energy supplier

Richard (OldStager)

I can't recall I how long I have been with them now , perhaps two or three years, but when you submit a meter reading you are offered to do this "spinning wheel" thing, somewhat childish in my view , but hey I give it a go none the less. Never won as much as a £1.... anyone actually won anything with that ever ?. Perhaps the younger generation have fun with it, but too old for silly games really.

You've already played all your spins for October

Looks like you've already played all your monthly spins. Thanks for playing!

Check back again next month for another chance to win!

Want more spins? Book a smart meter installation if you are eligible here to win an extra spin each month.

Stuff your smart meter, lol.

• Like 2

Wow a £1, hope you didn't spend it all at once....lol.

Yeah I know, was just having a laugh. Just like most prize winning things they are heavily biased on you losing, I don't get they are doing it in the first place.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Slight thread hijack 😉 - has anyone switched to Fuse Energy yet? 

Never heard of them, are they new?.

6 minutes ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Never heard of them, are they new?.

Yes.  Launched in July I think.  Manage account via phone app only and currently for electricity only (which doesn't bother me as our heating is oil).  Variable tariff works out about £60 p.a. lower than the cap and payment is monthly variable DD - so pay for what you've used after you've used it with no price penalty.  Claim to have £78m private equity backing and say they want to be different.  I'm leaning towards giving them a go

• Like 1

Thanks, i'll check them out, I realise everyones bills have risen, but I have an ongoing dispute with Octopus, so may end up changing myself.

I’m with Octopus and have found them to be excellent to be honest. No, I haven’t won anything on the Spins, but I guess that’s to be expected. I did however participate in their energy saving ‘events’ to save power at supposedly critical times and got over £30 back for that plus whatever we saved. To be honest I did it more as a bit of fun with the family to challenge ourselves and we enjoyed a few candle lit dinners as a result 😊.

I think their comms are very good, and being able to manage and see bills and submit meter readings via their app is really good. I understand our useage much better now and have saved a lot as a result. They have a great forecasting tool so you can see your predicted balance based on what you are paying and expected use. I’ve cleared a big debt with them and have been able to reduce my DD quite a lot based on the forecast balance.

• Like 1

Yes, up to a few months ago they were great, a bill came in and I fell off the chair at the price hike, without saying too much my financial situation is at best precarious, they have still not replied to my emails, but did lower my monthly charge back to what it had been. Been trying to access their "special" services and it's this I am annoyed about. anyway I will see if they reply this week failing that, "I'm out"....

1 hour ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Yes, up to a few months ago they were great, a bill came in and I fell off the chair at the price hike, without saying too much my financial situation is at best precarious, they have still not replied to my emails, but did lower my monthly charge back to what it had been. Been trying to access their "special" services and it's this I am annoyed about. anyway I will see if they reply this week failing that, "I'm out"....

That’s strange, ours has gone down if anything… hope you get it sorted.

• Thanks 1

I must be paying your bills as well then if yours went down, all very odd.

• Haha 1

Just joined Octopus Loyal 12 mth fix from standard Octopus variable and payments gone down by £50 a month.

• Like 1

Oh well something is wrong then, no wonder they aren't responding. Everything was fine until a few months ago, and this bill arrived out of no where. No clue what has happened then,will let you know anything as and when - quite a mystery.