Helmet for glasses wearer -recommendations please.

Philb65

14 hours ago, Si.Dalziel said:

I wear a shark helmet. It has pin lock and the anti fog insert came with it. It has a drop down sun visor but I have tried it with sunglasses as it’s advertised as having cutouts for glasses. No dramas at all and still fairly comfy to wear for a full day of blatting. 

I did go to a large biking gear shop and tried a few helmets on. It is a bike helmet rather than a car one but still works well in a car.

After having a large moth hit me in the visor at a good speed I can only imagine I would have binned the car off the road without it. I’m also running aeroscreen with cage so welcome to the club.

Thanks Si, I’m going to get out this week and try a few on. Appreciate the recommendation 👍

Does anyone use a modular/flip up helmet? Just wondering what the pros and cons are against a full face as I’ll be in a car and not a bike. Any thoughts appreciated.

2 hours ago, Philb65 said:

Does anyone use a modular/flip up helmet? Just wondering what the pros and cons are against a full face as I’ll be in a car and not a bike. Any thoughts appreciated.

Might be fine for road use, but if you might want to do a trackday some organisers don't like them I believe. I remember some years ago at Cadwell Park my wife had an open face hemet, but with a full visor in front, and they wouldn't let her use that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Philb65 said:

I have used one of these for years both on road and track with no issues. Doesn't steam up as much as a normal helmet and if it does you can just hold open the face part with one hand while sat at lights or a junction and the mist clears quickly. They never steam up while moving in my experience.

Screenshot_20231002_115427_Google.thumb.jpg.29bf6b0f4cf02622cbbc90241e83a4e6.jpgScreenshot_20231002_115248_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a21eba7813d04f1ff7880fdd1e0840f8.jpg 

• Like 1

Thought I’d update this with my choice. I quoted myself the mantra of “pay cheap pay twice” and bit the bullet for a Shoei Neotec 2 flip helmet as there were some deals due to being the older model. Tried it for the first time yesterday and it’s spot on, comfortable, glasses stay in place and don’t steam up so happy with my choice so far. Just waiting for some foam padding to arrive now to stop it bashing on the cage now and again!

Thanks for the advice much appreciated.

• Like 2