Westfield Magnum 8?

timb2117

Hello and thanks for allowing me to join.

Just looking at buying in Australia (bit of an addict this is my 4th '7' type!) a Westfield Magnum8 -  local name -essentially its an Seight built in 1999. I am guessing that Westfield exported kits and/ or assembled locally?

Has anyone got any knowledge or can point me in right direction for more info please. Eg numbers in Australia, numbers of Seights still on road, who imported them here etc?

In anticipation thanks for your help.

Thanks Kingster look forward to rather longer ownership of this car.

If anyone is viewing Australia the car rego is BSK56R NSW, it was last and only registered for two years, in 2010, dark blue and biscuit seight with Magnum8 badge on rear I know it was sojourning with a collector from then til now but would love to know why it was built in 1999 and not registered til 2010? 

Maybe the build started in 1999, but then stalled, and wasn't completed until 2010?

Ahhh yes Stephen then I guess as sometimes happens the experience of driving doesn’t match the fun of building and it’s sold. Wonder if there’s anywhere to check provenance- bought as kit & home built etc, my understanding with the early seights was rolling chassis only from factory….