wide bonnet. BONNET NOW SORTED..... THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPONDED.

Anthony Barber

Wide bonnet wanted , British racing green would be fantastic .........but can also get the spray gun out !!

Hi!

I'm having a mould taken and a new bonnet made, for a widebody car.

So potentially I could get you in touch with my fibreglass guys - I'm sure they'd gladly supply you with another one.

However, and I'm no expert here, it VERY much depends on which body you have. Mine is a Kit-style and while it's similar looking to the ZK it's emphatically not the same...

Good morning

Age-wise it could mean that our cars have the same body.

You may need to post pictures here and ask the experts in the club to let you know what you have and whether my bonnet shape would fit.

I'm collecting mine on Thursday (fingers crossed) and then I'll know more about how good the work is.

(I hope whoever's car this was, at the Classic will forgive me for the random photo!)

This is a handy example of the sort of ZK/Kit difference we normally talk about, in particular the difference in the swage line, down the side.

image.png

That said, I don't recall seeing a ZK bonnet with the molded in bulge like that either, but it does give you an idea.

The scuttle and bonnet are more closely matching styles, so unfortunately I couldn't get a shot of the difference at that end.

• Thanks 1

I think that looks like the one I need.... Deeper swage line near the scuttle, tapering to less of a swage line on the nose cone. Thankyou. 

Good morning, all!

On the back of this thread... 

I have now collected my new Kit-style widebody bonnet from the fibreglass company.

They have repaired and strengthened my old bonnet to take a mould off to make the new one and I am very happy with the result.

So, there now is a mould for this bonnet with them in North Devon.

Does anyone else want/need a new bonnet for such Westfield?

IMG_20230909_154555_MP.jpg

IMG_20230909_154603_MP.jpg

IMG_20230909_154652_MP.jpg

• Like 1

• Anthony Barber changed the title to wide bonnet. BONNET NOW SORTED..... THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPONDED.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.