Type 9 Extension Turret - Genuine Westfield

Kas

Looking for an original genuine Westfield type 9 Extension Turret.

Had the Rally Design ones and it didn't fit well and caused problems so only looking for genuine Westfield ones if available?

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t mean to nit-pick, but are

you sure it was the extension turret itself causing issue?

Normally it’s the plastic saddle bush that wears and causes issues, and is replaced with the brass/metal version (Burton Power sell them, as do others).

Yeah I've checked as I've got replacement plastic saddles (both black and red versions of the saddle which are still in one piece) and changing those made no difference until I went back to my original Westfield turret which is now a bit bent out of shape at the gear lever end and has a little play in the shaft but still seems a better fit than the rally design one that I had to return.

Problem I had was that the car wouldn't go in to gear properly as the part wasn't machined very well so 1st was a struggle due to the block under the turret for reverse not being welded on straight and the whole turret was slightly misaligned so not smooth gear changes. I swapped the saddles back into my original Westfield Turret and everything is silky smooth again but the part seems to be getting old so I'm looking for a replacement.

Yeah it's where the shaft goes through the mount that it has play but how do you rebush it? Or who does this as I didn't think it would be something that can be done at home? 

I would look for an oilite or bronze bush to suit the shaft size and drill out mount to fit bush. If you can't do it yourself any engineering workshop may take on a small job like that for you.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.