Peak District Run Out, Sun , 27 Aug, 10am QUACKERS CAFE

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Quacker's Cafe, Bakewell, DE45 1NY at 10am. 

If the weather is good enough there will be a run out followed by lunch.

Who is coming?

• Like 2

Sue and myself will be there it's my first Sunday off work 😀.

• Like 3

Nope. Would love too but going to a family wedding. Depression has set in as my Mother has arrived at ours in preparation………..Sanity may return on Tuesday afternoon. 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

sorry I'm racing silly bicycles at Darley Moor, I will get the micro engined catering van to one of these runs - one day!

• Haha 2

I'll be waiting until the morning to confirm..... the forecast here is rain all morning 🤦‍♂️

It's raining here Julie but we are still coming but in our new toy.

Raining here and forecast isn't any better unfortunately 

Screenshot_20230827_075950_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ca2206468c7166d9c595f948ead709a2.jpg

Its dry here!😀

Rainfall radar showing a line of heavy rain from Liverpool to Derby, slowly moving south but spreading to the east, so could be unfortunate and be in them all day, or it might clear to be sunny! British summer weather 😁

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Yanto said:

British summer weather

Yes my friend, that's what we got today, 11 degrees, rain and sun, the full menu was ours but it did not dampen our spirits.

We got a bit worried as we are not used to this, even @Rob Hunter Derby & Notts AO wasn't casting his usual magic and filling the car park for us today

DSC03280.jpg

Thankfully some friends came out to play and bought their toys with them, phew.

DSC03281.jpg

DSC03282.jpg

Andy was proud to show off his new purchase, what a wonderful wife you have there Andy, Sue is so understanding that toys are one of the most important parts of living your life, it not just about existing.

DSC03284.jpg

We lingered at Quackers in the hope that it might stop raining but there comes a time when you just have to go. We set off on our route, the rain got heavier as we passed over the Crowdecote bends and got lighter as we tackled the lanes of Ilam and Dovedale. By the time we got to the very pretty village of Tissington it was dry, with the advantage of being very quiet.

Parked at Tissington Hall, unheard of on any Sunday never mind a Bank Holiday, yey hey for the rain keeping the tourists away.

DSC03287.jpg

The staff were glad to seat us at a table in Herbert's Cafe. The FitzHerbert family have owned the village for over 400 years and they do an excellent job, long may it continue.

DSC03289.jpg

DSC03290.jpg

After lunch it was time for a cake-off. The competition was stiff with Andy Cake Meister round the table but if you would like to judge for yourself by looking at this photo, I think I am the clear winner. Andy tried to hide his poor offering with his hand but to no avail.

As expected from such a quality establishment, the cake tasted of cocoa, you know, like they used to, before they made chocolate cakes just taste sweet, it was heavenly.

DSC03291.jpg

Full length windows in the cafe overlooking the Norman Church, built around 1100.

DSC03293.jpg

The whole village is a delight with it's duck pond full of fish

DSC03294.JPG

The weather just kept improving, the sun came out and the tops came off.

Ian and Ali in their Westfield with Tissington Hall in the background

DSC03298.jpg

Andy and Sue in their new toy leaving Tissington

DSC03297.jpg

Thank you folks for a wonderful day out, it's been a scream. We will do that route again with the roof's off so we can enjoy all the views to their full potential, maybe in the winter when it's a bit drier 😍

• Like 8

Pleased you had a good time. I’m in Diggle, Saddleworth in the worst B&B possible. Thinking of moving on. It’s only one night otherwise we would. Pretty sure other, more fussy, members of our party will turn on their heals and find a better place to stay. If money wasn’t an issue so would we……

• Like 4