Becoming a member to sell your car

Rednop1

I'm trying to workout why people only become members of the club to try and sell their car 🤔 and why are they not already members?

Its great for the club 12 month membership straight into the bank .

• Like 1

Good question Ash. Perhaps ask on some of the relevant for sale threads or tag the seller in on here. I'd personally prefer to buy from someone who's known in the club etc and being able to see this history on the forum (questions, problems, upgrades etc) is often useful.

As you rightly suggest they're missing out on a lot!

Perhaps some don't know about the club until they go to sell their car?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Perhaps some don't know about the club until they go to sell their car?

This perhaps?

They will try and do some searching to get an idea of prices and then see it a better alternative to PH etc. 

• Like 1

In general, no idea and whoever thinks people are logical creatures is sadly mistaken.

At the moment there may be some other factors going on. From watching some auctions etc, the "collectors" car market is a bit depressed and there's a lot of people's toys coming onto the market due to the impact of mortgage rates/cost of living/ULEZ etc. Some of these cars will have been sitting in garages for a while doing nothing and now they need to be sold and this is a good place to do that. I'm also guessing a year's membership here is cheaper than selling on Ebay, AutoTrader or sites like car and classic.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Euan Hoosearmy said:

I'm also guessing a year's membership here is cheaper than selling on Ebay, AutoTrader or sites like car and classic.

A trial 60 day is even cheaper 

• Like 1