NV Carbon parts

Ansoeb

Hello, has anyone fitted one of these recently. How was the product quality, fitment to FW rear. Did the material drill ok for the mounting points.

thanksIMG_2574.png.ab7a6d90495abf8a3b832df470ce3cf5.png

Not recent, but fitted one to my car about 5 years ago, quality was excellent, fit was good. I used some rubber edging where it sits against the rear tub.

Also fitted some of Marks carbon mirror covers, cycle wings and flared side panels, all excellent quality.

• Like 1

I've not got that piece, but I do have flared sides, mirror covers, cycle wings and arch covers from Carbon NV. All brilliant bits of kit, top quality.

The ones I've had to drill have drilled really nicely - good sharp metal bit went through easily and left a clean hole. Also cuts well with a metal disk on a dremel, tidying the edges with a fine sanding drum.

13 hours ago, Ansoeb said:

Good to know. Do you remember what sort of edging it was you used and where to source it.

thanks

I have the carbon half doors from NV and they are excellent. I used edging from Woolies to stop any scratching against the bodywork. Loads of options available, perhaps some would be suitable?

https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/search?pagenumber=3&viewmode=grid&orderby=0&pagesize=6&q=Trim&advs=false

23 hours ago, Ansoeb said:

Do you remember what sort of edging it was you used and where to source it.

Sorry no. I’ve bought various sizes of rubber edging over the years from traders at classic car shows.

Car Builder Solutions have a variety https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/search?q=Edging

• 2 weeks later...

waiting a while for mine now , it’s worth the wait imo however I didnt realise my mother in law would beat me to it IMG_3900.thumb.jpeg.a6d2f1863f5f9cb76f3b621adeac4ec8.jpeg

• Haha 3

It's about 4 months wait for carbon parts, one man business.  Never been disappointed with the quality.  

There is an edging from CBS that finishes of thin panels perfectly with non setting glue inside and good for 2mm thick panels, I've used loads of it over the years.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SootySport said:

It's about 4 months wait for carbon parts, one man business.  Never been disappointed with the quality.  

There is an edging from CBS that finishes of thin panels perfectly with non setting glue inside and good for 2mm thick panels, I've used loads of it over the years.

Thanks. Do you have a link to that for future reference?

55 minutes ago, Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO- Devon & Somerset said:

Sorry, I meant for the edging, do they do that too? Not sure who CBS is? Thanks

Car Builder Solutions

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO- Devon & Somerset said:

Sorry, I meant for the edging, do they do that too? Not sure who CBS is? Thanks

Here yer go, not in stock at the moment,  I'm sure it'll be available later.

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/10-x-8mm-satin-black-u-channel-edge-trim-per-metre

• Thanks 1