Replacement exhaust recommendations Zetec.

KevanP

Running an SEIW/ZK bodywork with Blacktop Zetec (~170bhp), which needs a new exhaust. I'm keen on the carbon fibre repackable ones. From the looks of the Westfield parts department website, I need the section from the manifold together with the silencer, as mine looks to be all one piece from the manifold.

Looking for recommendations as to what the best option is, lasts well, cost effective (reluctant to pay Westfield's prices), but must be repackable. TIA

Entered by mistake 

• 6 months later...

Evening @KevanP

I have the same quandary but with a Duratec, with the track season approaching I'm fearful that I'll fail an on track noise test so I'm investigating repackable options. I'd be interested to know what you went for.. ?

Regards 

Tim

If they still make them for zetecs? I have a raceline one manifold back huge silencer and packable 94db. Always made decent power with it.... will probs cost a bit 🤔IMG20230618084054.thumb.jpg.0924f4f140fb2719f70187eb352b079d.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TLF said:

Evening @KevanP

I have the same quandary but with a Duratec, with the track season approaching I'm fearful that I'll fail an on track noise test so I'm investigating repackable options. I'd be interested to know what you went for.. ?

Regards 

Tim

I must admit I went around this one for a while and got quotes for various repackable options. I ended up buying a repackable carbon silencer with a larger 2.5inch bore. Repackable was my key choice.

The larger bore was to allow the engine to breath better, mainly as I'm doing some engine upgrades. The carbon choice was purely cos they looked nicer 🙂 in my opinion.

Some people have said the carbon one wont last as long as a stainless, but there are 4 or 5 people in my area group with carbon one's that have been on their cars for some years with no issue.

Its yet to be fitted to the car as its having the engine work done currently, so I've no idea what the decibel levels will be, but its got to be quieter than the old one - fingers crossed 🙂

I looked at lots of options, but in essence I got those down to a choice of either buying Simpson or the Carbon. The feedback I got was that the Simpson silencer was the best to go for, but they are expensive.

Thanks for that @KevanP, appreciated.

Like you I was also considering increasing from 2" to 2.5" having had some engine upgrades myself, did / will you need to remap it.. ? 

• Like 1

On 19/02/2024 at 22:31, TLF said:

Evening @KevanP

Regards 

Tim

A local member is using this company to make a repackable silencer for his 220bhp XE engined car.

https://www.stainless-exhaust.com

Might be worth a call 👍

• Like 2

Wunoff do a very nice stainless steel one with pretty good 94-96dB and can manufacture with different inlet diameter. They wiil do a full system too but you need to drop off car in midlamds.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TLF said:

Thanks for that @KevanP, appreciated.

Like you I was also considering increasing from 2" to 2.5" having had some engine upgrades myself, did / will you need to remap it.. ? 

Yes it will definitely need a re-map. Its booked to go on a rolling road once all the work is done.

• Thanks 1

I currently have a Raceco silencer on my Duratec.. do loads of track days.. previously had Wunoff.. both repackable