Warwickshire Area Curborough Track Day - Friday 22nd September

Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO

GailandAlihavingfunatCurborough(picbyTonyParham).thumb.JPG.429abb3303483720bf42422c198bd12a.JPG

Hi everyone, the second of our usual two track days per year is on Friday, 22nd September 2023. The format for this event will be the same as the May one, earlier this year. Please read all of the details below and contact me as requested please.

Also, please read the following disclaimer:

** To save the WSCC from any liability issues I have to let you know that the Curborough track days have been booked by Warwickshire Area Organisers independently (as they have been for the last 15 years) and are not therefore organised or sanctioned by the Westfield Sports Car Club. **

As usual we are keeping it to only 15 cars, with first choice on the limited number of places to Warwickshire Area WSCC members, then followed by the wider WSCC membership. If all the places are not filled, I will post it on the Warwickshire Area Facebook page and accept non-WSCC members to make up the numbers.

I have arranged to have the on-site cafe provide us with food and drinks for the day. Clearly there is an additional cost for this, so the fee has been adjusted accordingly.

The cost this time will be £90 per car/driver, if all 15 places are filled. Any additional driver/passenger will be £16 to cover food (if required). I intend to open the gates around 9am, the track will open at 10am, with lunch from 1pm until 2pm and finishing at 5pm.

The proposed fee will cover all the costs but any surplus will be donated to the appropriate WSCC charity (Air Ambulance). However, if we cannot fill all the places then I will have to ask for additional funds to cover the cost of the hire. Ideally, I would like to see all monies paid by the 15th September. These track days are often oversubscribed therefore we will keep a reserve list in case of last minute withdrawals, but if places are not filled, refunds for non-attendance cannot be guaranteed.

Please follow the instructions below;

1.      Send me a PM with your full name, an email address and a mobile number

2.      Pay the full balance by bank transfer to the details I return to you, ASAP please

3.      Read the menu below and indicate a lunch preference

Menu

Breakfast - bacon & egg or sausage & egg sandwiches

Lunch - Burger & chips or curry & chips

Drinks - tea, coffee & squash available all day

(Other items may be purchased from the cafe on the day)

Finally, due to the requirements of managing the track entrance I could do with at least one assistant who is prepared to attend and help with organising without driving or alternatively a few drivers to give up driving time to assist. Please message me if you wish to volunteer.

This is always a great day and a safe way to explore the limits of your car and yourself with only one car on the circuit at a time.

If you need any more information on this event, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

I will add names to this list as they are booked:

1. Justin Lever

2. David Burr

3. Rob Hunter 

4. Mike Williams

5. Geoff Hall

6. Nick Mucklow

7. Ian Heawood

8. Stuart Gilkes

9. Tony Shakeshaft

10. Gavin Parker

11. Colin Howard

12. Tim Coles

Reserves

Pulled out:

Tony Marley

Mark Jones

Greg Penney

• Like 2

Hi Martyn,

I would like to book into this track day if there are any spaces left.

colinhoward34@aol.com

07968 862531

• Like 2

All done Colin.

Just the one place left now!

• Like 1

Just filled the last place. Only reserve places available now!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Due to some car trouble, there is a place available for this event. Please PM me ASAP if you want to join us!

Also, there is a half day available, after lunch, if anyone is interested.

Hi Martyn

I'm struggling to make this now, unfortunately got issues at work so I really ought to be there. 

If anyone can make it in my place that would be great. If no takers please let me know and I'm happy to pay for the space.

Thanks Mark.

Ok @Mark Jones I will ask around but I do not have a reserve list so may not be able to fill the place.

UPDATE:

Last minute booking available as 3 places have become available. Message me if you are interested!