Bike engined car Quaife reversing gearbox, two part props and drive flange for GSXR/Hyabusa. Props and flange now sold!!

Rich Vaughan

I'm about to strip out the transmission from my GSXR engined Prelit which comprises a two part prop shaft, a Quaife reversing gearbox, with rear flange to mate to English axle. All parts have had very little use.

So as a Quiafe box is now £1100 new and the two part prop would be maybe £3-400 I'm asking £775 for the whole lot ONO ...quite a saving over new!!

I also have a Suzuki sprocket adaptor splined flange drive convertor for the front of the prop which replaces either a GSXR or Busa sprocket. I'll sell that separately for £35  in case you are using a different engine..

I'll have photos by the weekend as I have to strip it all out of the car yet.

Collection from BD15 area or I can ship at cost.

Message me or call me on 07388 124361

Hi rich. 

Do you have any pictures and dimensions of the shafts?

im looking for a similar set up for my other project and already have the reverse box. Would you be open to just selling the shafts?

thanks

matt

On 10/08/2023 at 15:55, Rich Vaughan said:

Hi Matt, 

Yes no problem I can sell just the shafts I'll get some pics tomorrow and send them to you also post them on here with pics of the gearbox too.

• Like 1

and now some photos details and dimensions....

The prop is a Bailey Morris item, so great quality, and is a resilient tube prop, so kind to gearboxes and diffs.

The long prop is 790mm closed face of flange to face of flange and 830mm extended.

The short  prop is 390mm closed face of flange to face of flange and 430mm extended.

All flanges except the diff flange are 70mm pcd. The diff flange , which is designed to mate with English diff i 89mm pcd.

All dimensions are +- 1 or 2 mm as it's difficult to measure floppy flanges!!!

Sprocket adapter is of course 70mm pcd.

smallpropextendednoextended.thumb.jpg.d9cefdf6a7a2c6aae9dc3d87534b83d2.jpg

quaife 6.jpg

quaife 5.jpg

quaife 4.jpg

quaife 1.jpg

quaife lever.jpg

long prop non extended.jpg

long prop extended .jpg

small prop extended.jpg

sprocket dapter 1.jpg

sprocket dapter 2.jpg

• Rich Vaughan changed the title to Bike engined car Quaife reversing gearbox, two part props and drive flange for GSXR/Hyabusa. Props and flange now sold!!

Props and sprocket flange now sold.

Gearbox still available £550 + carriage at cost

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.