Surrey Area

Martin Hewes AO Surrey

Sorry, can't make 23rd, but hope to make the 14th.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, Just to mirror my WhatsApp posting

This weekend @I Taylor has informed us of a open invitation from the Kent CSC club on Saturday 13th, meeting at the Moat, Wrotham, TN15 7RJ 9:00 ~ 11:30

We also had loose plans about a run taking in the car meet at the Pine Lodge (Bagshot) golf course this Sunday morning and then carrying on down to Alton to drop in on the Classic Car show that @Euan Hoosearmyproposed. https://altonevents.co.uk/events/vehicle-show-and-family-fun-day/

Yet again the weather does not look very promising but its only Tuesday🤞🏻
I was just looking to guage interest in both suggestions so I know where to focus attention.

Looking to next month ( either Aug 11th or 25th) we are trying to organise an East meets West in Cowfold with the SKCC members.

Cheers Martin

• Like 1

Sorry - can't do this weekend - hope to make East meets West if it's on the 25th.

Morning All, I wanted to send something out yesterday but I was down at Goodwood and it was a long day. I thought if I just publish my plans and then if anyone wants to tag along then they can. @Ian Taylor - not sure if you decided on your plans yet but I'm just going to focus on tomorrow. @Sammy Cheung - are you going to Bagshot tomorrow? If you are then I'll aim to get there about 9:30ish but if not then I may do the Ockham show and then Alton. The Alton show is 11~4, so I'll head on to that shortly after it opens.  Lots of options! I think we have 4 or 5 of us confirmed at Alton so hopefully our timings will overlap and we can grab a Pimm's or an ice cream somewhere 🤣.

Just for those not in the WhatsApp group - 5 Westies (4 7's and Marks 11) at Anstey today. Nice to meet everyone. We bumped into John from Wokingham with a green sew with a twin cam. For all these years I thought mine was an 'only child' 😆

• Thanks 1

Just a quick update on the East meets West breakfast run planned for next month, breakfast at the Chalet Cowfold

Current list and availability. 

East
Duncan 11/8 and 25/8 OK
AndyF 11/8 and 25/8 OK
Mike 25/8 only
Richard 11/8 and 25/8 OK

West
Martin 11/8 OK, 25/8 (need to be back for lunch!)
SteveB 11/8 X , 25/8 OK
GarethS09 11/8 OK, 25/8 OK
IBakes 11/8OK, 25/8 ??
IanT  25/8 OK
Richard 25/8 OK
David J  25/8 OK

Probably easiest if you DM me if you are interested in tagging along and I will edit and maintain the list.

cheers, Martin 

• Like 1

Just up the road from me, now the car is back on the road I may be able to pop along on the 11th for a bit if that is ok? (if its that day)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a very pleasant Saturday morning at the Fairmile in Cobham with the Cobham Car Club (FB Page). Tagged along with the Surrey Capri Club. Will post up next meet date here (assume early Sept). Really good selection of cars, friendly atmosphere and good bacon/sausage baps!

I'll be at Cranleigh on the 11th (again with the Surrey Capri Club) if anyone else is going to be there.

• Like 1

thanks for posting Euan, I wasn't aware of that one! I bet that's a nice location having driven past many times. Not sure what's at Cranleigh but I'm hoping to head to the Chalet at Cowfold to meet the SKCC

On 30/07/2024 at 22:33, Martin Hewes AO Surrey said:

Hi All

Planning to meet at the Parrot,  Forest Green tomorrow evening, 7ish https://www.brunningandprice.co.uk/parrot/

looking forward to seeing anyone who can make it

cheers

Martin

Thanks for organising Martin - lovely run out & back. Hopefully we'll get a few more out next time!

1 hour ago, Euan Hoosearmy said:

Had a very pleasant Saturday morning at the Fairmile in Cobham with the Cobham Car Club (FB Page). Tagged along with the Surrey Capri Club. Will post up next meet date here (assume early Sept). Really good selection of cars, friendly atmosphere and good bacon/sausage baps!

I'll be at Cranleigh on the 11th (again with the Surrey Capri Club) if anyone else is going to be there.

That's just down the road from me - will try and make the next meet.

Hi All, just a reminder about the breakfast run to the Chalet at Cowfold this Sunday. I'm letting the Kent team determine timings as I suspect there are more of them but assume leaving Guildford area about 8:00am.
f anyone wants to tag along with me, my normal route passes Newlands Corner, Holmbury St Mary, A24, Buck Barn & Cowfold.

Those who can't make this Sunday, we should be doing it again in 2 weeks on 25th as well

• Like 1