1999 - SEIGHT for Sale

Snowy

Hi all, got to do this....

1999 WESTFIELD SEIGHT Rover V8

Presented in dk blue with high-back maroon seats. 4 point "Willans" harnesses. 3500cc, rebuilt engine with new "Kent" fast road-cam, Offenhauser inlet manifold & Weber carburettor. Stainless exhausts exiting on both sides. 5-speed TR8/SDI gearbox, Sierra LSD. Tonneau cover & side-screens with top & side deflectors. 3000 miles only since 1999 build on a factory supplied rolling chassis. Full history available. 3000 miles. £11950.

The car is in Downham Market, Norfolk, not far from Cambridge!

e-mail me on either

jazzysheep@aol.com

stuart.cotgrove@bt.com

or call 01442 208251...

Why are you selling Snowey, not had it long have you?

Don't mean to pry....... just wonderd.

Chaz.

Hi all, six months only. This car just does not suit my family lifestyle. Always wanted one, and now had the satisfaction. With four children, and a busy job/personal life, I just don't get the time to use it. It is a big chunk of money only to be used once a fortnight. Also, my company is downsizing big-time, so time to consolidate finance/mortgage.

It is also quite slow (!;) compared to motorbikes, for £3k a secondhand GSX-R600 will easily blow any road-westy away and give 40mpg.... That seems better smile per miles to me.

Also selling nice Volvo V70 (seven seater towcar anyone?) Thats on Autotrader as well for £13.5K if anyone is interested.

PS, where is the meet next week?

Cheers

Stuart

Typical... family activity again means I can't be there.

Now you can see why it has to go! They do come first.

Kind Regards

Stuart

You could always sell the wife instead  ???

If my wife wasn't so understanding about the westy .. that's what I'd do  :oops:

Sorry to hear the bad news snowy & sorry to see u go and it sounds like you're making the right decision... a part from the bike stuff..Never had a 600 blow me off so to speak....thats my weekend sport racing the biker boys up on the North York moors..!!

Must admit I had a look at your car last year (A guy down near Brum Airport I think) before I bought the 3.9 and it did feel slow, probably just needs a good rolling road. U should have no probs selling it now.. its comin' upto spring and u should get what your looking 4 it.its a good car

Good luck for the future.

Buzz

Hi Buzz,

yes it is the same Westy. It was slow for me to start with, until I found the soft rev-limiter under the bonnet was set to 4.5KRPM (for running in). Goes a bit better now its turned up..... still not up to bike standards...

Power to weight

Westy - 200bhp in 700kgs

600 bike - 110 bhp in only 170kgs. No contest...

Cheers

And I am the happy new owner...................

Thanks Stuart, what a way to spend mothers day, buying a new SEiGHT  

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

PS Pre-lit westie coming up for sale very shortly

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.