Le Mans 2024

McFrancis

I'm planning to go to Le Mans 24 next year for the race in June and I'm looking for advice on what to do and what to avoid. As I've never been and it has always been a dream of mine.

So far all I know is that I'm going in the Westfield (obviously) with one other and we are camping.

I'm looking for any recommendations on everything, where to camp, what tickets to buy, when should I arrive, what to avoid, what is a must see......you get the idea advice on the entire event.

I can arrive in France upto 10 days  before the race and can stay on afterwards, but I'm guessing that everyone leaves soon after the chequered flag.

Any and all advice welcome.

Thanks in advance 

Chris 

• Like 1

Only ever camped once, used a gite and motorhome for other visits, however, we always stayed over after the race leaving on Tuesday morning after the race, far less rushed.  A good thing if you can is arrive early to watch the scrutineering and practice - its a real spectacle.

You can certainly camp at the circuit if you choose, we chose to camp away and drive in, there are many campsites available within 20 / 30 mins drive to the circuit - many of them put on "entertainment" e.g Chateau Chanteloup - as there were over 20 of us, we decided to make our own 🤣 and found a campsite about 30 mins drive from circuit and within walking distance of "supplies" plus a great bar that stayed open until last man standing/staggered out. That first year (1995) we even managed to attend a local couples wedding after they spotted our Westfields and asked if they could have some photo's by them 🥂

Its a great experience and would recommend a 10 day break to take it all in ....... Don't forget to visit the Museum 👍 .............Go for it

• Like 3

On 09/07/2023 at 09:15, McFrancis said:

I'm planning to go to Le Mans 24 next year for the race in June and I'm looking for advice on what to do and what to avoid. As I've never been and it has always been a dream of mine.

So far all I know is that I'm going in the Westfield (obviously) with one other and we are camping.

I'm looking for any recommendations on everything, where to camp, what tickets to buy, when should I arrive, what to avoid, what is a must see......you get the idea advice on the entire event.

I can arrive in France upto 10 days  before the race and can stay on afterwards, but I'm guessing that everyone leaves soon after the chequered flag.

Any and all advice welcome.

Thanks in advance 

Chris 

Hi Chris, have done Le Mans 3 times last one approx 8 years ago. Each time we’ve gone thru organised camping & tickets thru Speed Chills - now Motor Sports Tickets Ltd - they used to have 2 camp sites both 250 mtrs from track side but 0.5 miles apart,  providing great clean shower/toilet blocks - security fencing & gate - security staff booking in/out each time you or your car leaves the site. Pricing is realistic as you buy the floor space you need - I.e square meterage for car, tent & table/chair/BBQ areas - entertainment Thursday thru Sunday in a great PROPER COLD BEER tent. Tickets package purchased included grandstand seats as a package - don’t take the front row as nunneys without tickets scramble in front of the stands with little security staff to police & can be a free for all (honestly you don’t need to go and scrap with every nationality & not see the start of the race) Also they provided Free travel between the two campsites too & a really eclectic group of peeps 18 to 80 in Minis to Ferraris - will be going again with them - check out there website:  https://motorsporttickets.com/en/wec/le-mans-24

great local entertainment & food BUT WHEREVER YOU GO, GO EARLY AND TRY TO BOOK YOUR TABLE cus everywhere is heaving 

arrive min of 3 or 4 days before to take it all in & go to the town on Friday for the drivers parade.
Biggest thrill for me was driving the Mulsanne Straight 2 hrs after the race has finished - Brilliant 🏎️🏎️🏎️
Last one, take plenty of soft ear plugs & full cans too, cus you can hear the wonderful Covette V8 from 3 mile away. Enjoy 😉 

• Like 1

Sadly Speed Vhills stopped the good camping pitch close to the track hence why we moved to the Alps in 2019 for our Euroblat. They could only offer a location which would need busing in each day or the generally camping area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been going since 2000, always camped, generally there are between 8 and 12 of us attend, we think we’ve got it down to a fine art ie. still got ice for a G&T on a Sunday night! We usually go overnight from Portsmouth on  the Wednesday and return Monday evening, variety of vehicles but definitely need a support vehicle to get the larger stuff in. We visit the local shops on the Thursday when we get there and don’t have to leave site again unless we go to Arnage for a coffee. We don’t have electric hook-up they are few and far between. Pictured are some of the guys resting!!!

BED43B65-9BCA-42EE-AB62-44928665D341.jpeg

• Like 2