Old member (well 3 yrs) but New Car (to me)

RickRack

Hi all, a quick intro - I’m Phil R or RickRack from Wolves & after spending the last 30 yrs paying mortgage & 2 kids my dream has now been realised 

A hankering for a Westfield SEight has burnt within for 30 years and today I finally got to drive one home. 
I guess this specific car is one that is known to the WSCC? as it is a 1998 factory car - 3.9 - R380 - I understand it was a demo registered as S31GHT and featured in Men & Motors with Rich Hammond & Vinny Buckley

Anyway it’s now at home in Wolves and will be out as weather & time permits. Plus I intend to visit Dudley Arms in the next months with the Black Country Area. 
Thanks to everyone who helped with Insurance questions to get me on the road today.  
And lastly thanks to the Met Office for advising of heavy rain at 5:00pm today when I caught on the way home at 3:30pm in a monster thunder storm on M6 Toll and whilst the tub resembled a bath tub - my stupid grin didn’t waver - happy days & hope to meet some of you guys soon as I’m sure you will have Q&A’s to guide me along the way.
Bestest Phil R 

1F29D393-9CEC-4B03-9561-06E007235CFF.png

40E69FC4-AA7C-498D-83EB-0A17709E1F55.jpeg

• Like 8

Welcome. Good to read you've christened both yourself and the car with the great UK weather!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Congrats!  Getting soaked on the way home is a right of passage for many of us, me included.  Got mine from Newmarket, about 100 miles from home.  Journey there, dry and warm and clear, forecast good.  Halfway back, heavens opened up in front of me.  Dived into a petrol station and put the weather gear on.  Drove 30 miles, sunshine returned until home.

Lesson: The weather service are incompetent or liars.  Never trust a forecast - they get less reliable the further away you get from home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Congratulations, lovely car 👍

Getting a little moist now and again is all part of the fun 😂

• Haha 2

Welcome,and congrats, beauty looking machine. 

10 hours ago, Gary Argent said:

Welcome, that looks like an awesome bit of kit. Bet it sounds amazing!

Thanks Gary, I suppose most cars always needs a little fettling & this one does too, but oh that sound as you accelerate out of the bend… 💪🙏🫶🏼👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 7sRWild said:

Welcome,and congrats, beauty looking machine. 

Thanks mate 👍

7 hours ago, Labrat said:

Welcome to V8 ownership! Lovely car.

Cheers mate I’m a very happy big bunny 🐰 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gary Argent said:

Welcome, that looks like an awesome bit of kit. Bet it sounds amazing!

Thanks Gary, genuinely couldn’t be happier. 👍

• Like 1