New member in Sweden

Swedishwestfieldhunter

Hi all. 

Great to have joined this community. 

Is there any Swedish Westfield owners here?

I would also like to speak with the more umm larger Westfield owners to research my suitability before buying my dream car. 

Thanks for helping me. 

No current members in Sweden but about half a dozen former ones!

If you could tell us your height and build, we can advise on suitability.  Are you restricted on buying only cars over a certain age or is that not an issue?

Hi,

I am not in Sweden but I'm one of the larger owners at 1.96m and 105kg....

• Thanks 1

Welcome I hope that you find the Westfield that you want....this is the season for buying and selling Sports Cars..

On 16/06/2023 at 20:57, Scott Young (Captain Colonial) - Club Secretary said:

No current members in Sweden but about half a dozen former ones!

If you could tell us your height and build, we can advise on suitability.  Are you restricted on buying only cars over a certain age or is that not an issue?

My height is about 6’4 and my weight is about 130kgs so interesting to see how “comfy” this would be, or more importantly safe. This isn’t going to be a daily driver for me so I’m not too concerned about a long day behind the wheel.

As I’m based in Sweden I’m also curious about importing should I find the right one so not too concerned about age but more concerned about working on one as I’m not sure anyone over here would have seen one before?

On 16/06/2023 at 21:49, Rob Hunter Derby & Notts AO said:

Hi,

I am not in Sweden but I'm one of the larger owners at 1.96m and 105kg....

Hi Rob, you are about the same height as me and somewhere near my target weight as well. Do you have any recommendations for me? Should I buy an SEIW “blind” or does one size fit all. 

my challenge in Sweden is there aren’t any over here to try so buying one from the U.K. and exporting to Sweden seems my only option. 

On 17/06/2023 at 15:23, Geezergs said:

Welcome I hope that you find the Westfield that you want....this is the season for buying and selling Sports Cars..

I’ve been looking for a while but never had a real chance to get one as I hope I can soon. 

You'll definitely need one with lowered floor's for your height plus JK or Tillett seats as they can be fitted lower and generally have a bit more room for well built bodies....

34 minutes ago, Geezergs said:

You'll definitely need one with lowered floor's for your height plus JK or Tillett seats as they can be fitted lower and generally have a bit more room for well built bodies....

Agreed, lower floor SEiW is the one to look for with GRP seats so you can get your full frame in there.

I ask about age because some countries will only allow you to import a “classic” car, ie. 30 years old or more.  Worth checking at your end.

3 hours ago, Swedishwestfieldhunter said:

Hi Rob, you are about the same height as me and somewhere near my target weight as well. Do you have any recommendations for me? Should I buy an SEIW “blind” or does one size fit all. 

my challenge in Sweden is there aren’t any over here to try so buying one from the U.K. and exporting to Sweden seems my only option. 

Hi, I've had 2 widebody Westfields. One with a windscreen and standard floors, and my current car with lowered floors and aero screen.

Without lowered floors, I found knee room very tight, the car was driveable but uncomfortable. I helped this my removing the runners off the drivers seat and having a spacer on the quick release steering wheel. The top of the windscreen was still in my eye line over brows though.

I've found the lowered floors much better with more knee room. I also prefer the aeroscreen but they do not suit everyone.

Seats are another thing to consider. I've got the Westfield sports turbo seats in the rear most position and they are comfortable. I've tried cars with Tillet and other carbon/grp seats and I personally struggle to fit in most them... Everyone is built a bit differently.

In UK clothes sizes I am 36 inch waist (long fitting trousers), 46-48 inch chest, 18 inch neck if that helps 👍

On 18/06/2023 at 16:46, Geezergs said:

Great info Geezergs, I haven’t heard about the lowered floor before. I now what to search or ask for, many thanks  🙏🏼

On 18/06/2023 at 20:43, Rob Hunter Derby & Notts AO said:

Hi, I've had 2 widebody Westfields. One with a windscreen and standard floors, and my current car with lowered floors and aero screen.

Without lowered floors, I found knee room very tight, the car was driveable but uncomfortable. I helped this my removing the runners off the drivers seat and having a spacer on the quick release steering wheel. The top of the windscreen was still in my eye line over brows though.

I've found the lowered floors much better with more knee room. I also prefer the aeroscreen but they do not suit everyone.

Seats are another thing to consider. I've got the Westfield sports turbo seats in the rear most position and they are comfortable. I've tried cars with Tillet and other carbon/grp seats and I personally struggle to fit in most them... Everyone is built a bit differently.

In UK clothes sizes I am 36 inch waist (long fitting trousers), 46-48 inch chest, 18 inch neck if that helps 👍

Hi Rob, great info and thanks for your honesty. I’m a few gym sessions behind schedule so my waist is a bit more “fuller” than you. So lowered floors, seats that go all the way back, preferably not in runners and spacers on the quick release stealing wheel must go on my shopping list now. Awesome info Rob 🙏🏼 That’s the interesting challenge for me living in a different country it will be difficult to to do a try before you buy without flying in every time. 

• Like 1

On 18/06/2023 at 17:23, Scott Young (Captain Colonial) - Club Secretary said:

Agreed, lower floor SEiW is the one to look for with GRP seats so you can get your full frame in there.

I ask about age because some countries will only allow you to import a “classic” car, ie. 30 years old or more.  Worth checking at your end.

Full frame, nice description Scott. My favourite saying is I don’t have a Dad bod I have a Father figure 😇. Thanks for the info I must do some further research into age if car to import. I have done a little bit of research regarding “converting” a car I.e with KPH, headlight adjustment. I don’t think having a right hand drive car would matter as a westy wouldn’t be a daily driver anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1