Change of date. Run to the Sun, Saturday 1st July.

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Run to the Sun on Saturday 24th June. 

Not too sure where we'll end up yet, still working on that, but we'll meet up at the Motorist in Sherburn in Elmet at 3pm, then head over to the east coast.  I'm looking for somewhere to eat, pub, chippy, etc. Then head back towards the west chasing the setting Sun 🌞 ☀️

• Like 1

Would we get more people coming if I changed the date?

• 2 weeks later...

Run to the Sun. 
This was going to be tomorrow, but as I've just got back from holiday and not much interest has been shown, I'm going to move it to next Saturday, 1st July. 
We'll meet up at the Motorist at 3pm, then head over to Flamborough, where there's a cafe recommended by @⁨Nick Rycroft⁩ and Julie (so if it's rubbish we can blame them).
After that, we can head back inland until it's dark. 
Who's coming?

• Like 1

• Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO changed the title to Change of date. Run to the Sun, Saturday 1st July.

Still on. 

Anyone joining me?

Update on the run on Saturday. 
Meet up at the Motorist, Lennerton Lane, Sherburn in Elmet,LS25 6JE at 3pm. Back way to York through Cawood, Stillingfleet to the A64. 
A166 to Stamford Bridge, meeting @⁨Roger (Never Too Old) Sant⁩, Judy and possibly Geoffrey Buttercup at Seaways cafe in Fridaythorpe at approximately 4pm.
From there over to North Landing, Flamborough where there should be a cafe. Hope to be there approximately 5pm.

Is anyone coming, or am I wasting my time?

Too far away for me but sounds good. Hopefully others will wake up and respond. Don’t give up and see you at Newark. ABC. 

• Thanks 1

If it wasn't for the WhatsApp group this wouldn't have taken place. 

In the end we had 4 Westfields, 1 Cobra and a VW Up! 

A bit of confusion with the pub that turned out to be a cafe, and was closing at 5 instead of 11, but the pub up the road had some great food. 

Thanks to all who came. 

20230701_171145.jpg

20230701_183759.jpg

20230701_171118.jpg

• Like 2

We also had a Westie, in a Westie.

He's a Westiepoo, but near enough. 

IMG-20230702-WA0000.jpg