Thames Valley Area Meet Up

Jim RS

Good Morning,

Please note the local meet will be 12 noon Sunday 11th June @ The Bird in Hand, which is on the A4 between Reading and Maidenhead.

There is an open invitation for any existing or prospective members and look forward to seeing you.

I am acting as AO and have a few ideas regards the continuation of the local group.

Will be great to see you.

Cheers

Jim Sanger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/06/2023 at 11:00, Jim RS said:

Good Morning,

Please note the local meet will be 12 noon Sunday 11th June @ The Bird in Hand, which is on the A4 between Reading and Maidenhead.

There is an open invitation for any existing or prospective members and look forward to seeing you.

I am acting as AO and have a few ideas regards the continuation of the local group.

Will be great to see you.

Cheers

Jim Sanger

Hi Jim,

Only just seen this post. 

I don't really look at this section due to the rebuild but now I'm up and running I would very much like to make an effort to meet others inc yourself.

What's the general format/day of the month that this happens?

Do you always meet at the Bird in the Hand or does the venues vary??

Well done for taking the role on also. 

Glen

Hi Glen,

Great to hear from you and brilliant that you'd like to meet others in the area.

At the moment the meetings are at noon on 2nd Sunday of month and we have just had June meet.

I am about to do a survey to see preferences for activities from area members and will include you in on this when get started.

Jim

• Thanks 1

Hi Jim , I’m over in Aylesbury but would like to come to the July meet  if ok , my local area meet is part off the speed series so many of the members don’t have road going westys , would be great to see some road going cars to see what I can do to improve my own and get some ideas , thanks 

• Like 1

You're really welcome, look forward to seeing you and your Westy.

If you haven't got the meet time is noon on the second Sunday at Bird in Hand pub (A4 between Reading & Newbury)

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!!!

Just insured a Westfield in the Bracknell area so have recommended the club and the Thames Valley Meet so fingers crossed when he's up and running you'll have a new recruit at The Bird and Hand :)

Happy blatting guys 

Carlie

• Like 2

5 hours ago, A-Plan Insurance THATCHAM said:

Hi!!!

Just insured a Westfield in the Bracknell area so have recommended the club and the Thames Valley Meet so fingers crossed when he's up and running you'll have a new recruit at The Bird and Hand :)

Happy blatting guys 

Carlie

That may have been me??  😁😁😁 unsure though... however I will be attending the next Thames Valley meet which will be my first! If not me, you may have 2 new recruits... 😅

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beechy89 said:

That may have been me??  😁😁😁 unsure though... however I will be attending the next Thames Valley meet which will be my first! If not me, you may have 2 new recruits... 😅

Did you speak to Richard today? I was feeding him the info and forum web address 😄 

Carlie

8 minutes ago, A-Plan Insurance THATCHAM said:

Did you speak to Richard today? I was feeding him the info and forum web address 😄 

Carlie

I didn't speak to Richard today - however believe he was the one that helped me out with it all! Great guy! 😅 protect him at all costs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beechy89 said:

I didn't speak to Richard today - however believe he was the one that helped me out with it all! Great guy! 😅 protect him at all costs. 

He's a Gem :) and easy to remember as his South African accent is strong 😄 
so sounds like there 2 new recruits then!

• Like 1

Make that 3 new recruits then??? 

The wife is away wasting her time in London at a 'Take That' concert so I'm aiming to be there, albeit with the youngest 10yr old daughter who I believe is probably being used as a secret mole to report back with any excess accelerating 😉 🤣.

Fingers crossed I will be there!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Glen_I said:

Make that 3 new recruits then??? 

The wife is away wasting her time in London at a 'Take That' concert so I'm aiming to be there, albeit with the youngest 10yr old daughter who I believe is probably being used as a secret mole to report back with any excess accelerating 😉 🤣.

Fingers crossed I will be there!!

Sounds like my 4 year old when she returns from nanny's house "Nanny said I cant tell mummy I had 3 ice lollies today" .... 🤨

Carlie

• Haha 1

I'm probably being a tad ambitious dragging a 10 year old around, but.....I may pop in via here Sunday morning all being well??

https://www.renegadebrewery.co.uk/event/wbcc-breakfast-july-meet/

Plenty of parking etc. 

Maybe this could be a possible future meeting point if new suggestions are being sought after?

• Like 1

I'll try and give it a go, have been trying to trace down where this club meets for a while now, they keep changing the venue.

Also got meeting on at The Departure Lounge in the afternoon, may be a long day😁