Re-joining member

Yanto

Well it's been a few years, maybe some of you will remember me 😁, I've been out in the wilderness changed my daily usage car 4 times in 3 years, retired, worked too bl**** hard in the garden etc and became fed up with the ride and handling of my Morgan, so I sold it.

I'm in the mind of buying another Westfield, I've had a Duratec, Red Top and of course the 5.1l V8, I really wanted to buy the V8 back when it was up for sale earlier this year despite it being advertised £5k more than I sold it ☹️.

I think another Duratec would be nice, I have seen this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204341264946, does anybody know its history?  Apparently it was sold in March this year but I don't seem to be able to find the ad, so maybe not sold via a member.

Cheers

Ian

Yanto! Welcome back. Best of luck with the search, some cracking cars been coming up recently!!

• Like 1

Looks a very nice spec car.

13 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

Looks a very nice spec car.

It does, a bit of a question mark over the reg number, build date and engine/V5c and subsequent emissions.

Welcome back Yanto 👍

I hope you find what you're looking for. 🙂

7 minutes ago, TableLeg said:

Welcome back Yanto 👍

I hope you find what you're looking for. 🙂

Cheers, how's the rumbling beast going, hopefully not backwards into any hedges 😬 😊

12 minutes ago, Yanto said:

Cheers, how's the rumbling beast going, hopefully not backwards into any hedges 😬 😊

Not driven it since SORN in September last year👎

Hopefully get it back out on the road this year.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Yanto said:

Well it's been a few years, maybe some of you will remember me 😁, I've been out in the wilderness changed my daily usage car 4 times in 3 years, retired, worked too bl**** hard in the garden etc and became fed up with the ride and handling of my Morgan, so I sold it.

I'm in the mind of buying another Westfield, I've had a Duratec, Red Top and of course the 5.1l V8, I really wanted to buy the V8 back when it was up for sale earlier this year despite it being advertised £5k more than I sold it ☹️.

I think another Duratec would be nice, I have seen this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204341264946, does anybody know its history?  Apparently it was sold in March this year but I don't seem to be able to find the ad, so maybe not sold via a member.

Cheers

Ian

I know the car, it was owned for a few years by a guy (David) who lives in Leicestershire. David has been on a few of our local meets in the Peaks last year and most recently at Huggys Speedshop in March. He sold it earlier this year (March time) to its current owner.

It's a nice car with a stunning Simpsons exhaust, not sure why it's being sold on again so quickly.

A couple of photos from Stoneleigh and the convoy there last year.

Next to my S2000

IMG_20220505_214331_184.jpg.b22b1c6c8885f92365e732800952ff57.jpg

3 cars down 

IMG_20220505_214331_127.jpg.31f99a0e2e3e7981e2319d3804700c59.jpg

Welcome back 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob Hunter Derby & Notts AO said:

I know the car, it was owned for a few years by a guy (David) who lives in Leicestershire. David has been on a few of our local meets in the Peaks last year and most recently at Huggys Speedshop in March. He sold it earlier this year (March time) to its current owner.

It's a nice car with a stunning Simpsons exhaust, not sure why it's being sold on again so quickly.

Thanks Rob, do you know if he's still a member or how to contact him?

Ian

25 minutes ago, Yanto said:

Thanks Rob, do you know if he's still a member or how to contact him?

Ian

Hi, yes just checked and @David Black is still a member 👍

• Like 1

Hi 

Yes I sold it earlier this year to the current owner with no issues, I didn't know it is up for sale, the asking price is alot higher than mine but I guess it is summer!! To be fair when you add up all the goodies on it ,exhaust, gearbox,weather gear etc some would say fair price. But I had it on here for 13.5k but I needed it gone to get a motorbike 🛵

Regards David, (still a member till September).

• Like 2