Hi all, from Gloucester.

Newt

Good evening everyone,

I thought I'd pop on and say hi as I've been lurking for the last few weeks, viewing different models and trying to learn a thing or two.

I came across a post from a way back where someone felt they could be the odd one out as they didn't know much about cars (in the building/maintaining sense) - well that's me in a nutshell. I'm a petrolhead without much mechanical knowledge.

My car history involves Type R's when I wasn't burning so many candles, an S2000, a VX220 through to Japanese Z cars (350 & 370) an Audi RS3 and most recently an R35 GTR to name but a few. The latter I sold last November and I am missing having something to have some fun in at the weekends. Whilst the GTR was good fun, it's a big heavy car, so I'm going to the other end of the scale as I miss the wind in my hair that I no longer have.

Which lead me to the Westies. It won't be straight away as I like to plan from a way out, but I'm after something that is great fun on B roads and I intend on doing the occasional track day too. The Westfield is right up that alley of course (I've driven Caterham's on pursuit courses in the past but prefer a Westie), so here I am.

I'm also heading up to the Three Counties Showground in Malvern in 2 weeks for the National Kit Car Show seeking inspiration.

I have a few questions but I'll pop them up separately.

All the best,

Neil.

• Like 1

Welcome from South Derbyshire!

You've come to the right place, there's a lot friendly help and advice available on here.

Hopefully we'll see you at Malvern 👍

• Like 1

Welcome from Lincolnshire!!  I learn as I go and there is always help on here from people who know. Having a Westfield and joining the WSCC has really changed my life. Brilliant bunch. Hopefully see you at Malvern but I will not be bringing the Westfield as I’m bringing the wife!

• Like 1

Welcome! 

2 hours ago, Newt said:

came across a post from a way back where someone felt they could be the odd one out as they didn't know much about cars (in the building/maintaining sense) - well that's me in a nutshell. I'm a petrolhead without much mechanical knowledge.

I think the same could probably be said about more members in here than you might think, when they first joined up. It’s not something to be worried about at all! In fact probably most that grew up with late nineties and onwards cars are probably in a similar position. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Newt said:

So are you guys all heading over to Malvern on a Club Stand?

The WSCC always had the biggest presence (by far) at Stoneleigh and I’d expect the same at Malvern this year 👍

• Like 3

On 20/05/2023 at 07:43, Kingster said:

The WSCC always had the biggest presence (by far) at Stoneleigh and I’d expect the same at Malvern this year 👍

Brilliant. I'll be sure to come over and introducer myself and say hi. I can always ask a few questions then.

• Like 1

We should have a big presence there, make sure you come over and say hello.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great to meet and chat to some of you all today, lots of questions asked and answered - so thank you to all those that spared a few minutes. You have to love the diversity of evryone's motors and it's given me much to think on.

It was suggested that I ask the area organiser who covers Gloucester to make themselves known - it would be great to attend a future local meet to find out a bit more whenever that may be.

Thanks and for those still at Malvern, enjoy the rest of the show!