Sharing what you’ve just done. Not questions. No comments required.

DamperMan

3 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

Standard fuel gauge readings:

Full = full

Full with a twitching needle = 3/4 full

3/4 full = just over 1/2 full

1/2 full = 1/3 full

1/3 full with twitching needle = 1/4 full

1/4 full = look for fuel

1/4 full with a twitching needle = look for fuel NOW

Under 1/4 full = what are you playing at?!? Avoid roundabouts and right turns to prevent fuel starvation 

1/8 full = you’re out of fuel and have time to post in the “Sharing what you’ve just done. Not questions. No comments required.” thread

Brilliant 👏 

My gauge actually hangs above half full until it's prob about quarter full. Then plummets..... 

4 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

TADTS - They all do that, sir!  Fuel gauge is there simply for amusement purposes.  Always use and reset the trip odometer after refuelling.  I don’t let mine go past 110 miles before refuelling.

110?! I don't think I have ever been brave enough to go past 70 with my piddly tank. Doing over a century is a dream

I have to say, I tested my gauge and it's fairly accurate. Well it is now I know how to interpret it! 😂

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, GarethS09 said:

F962F52F-AA91-437D-A72F-297FB7BE1984.thumb.jpg.f36997580788adb41137e450e3af8e6d.jpg

B6C8A7D7-F27D-45D1-9502-7CB3A77BCFC6.jpg

D4975B10-E5C7-427F-9424-D80A4ACE141B.jpg

A27B75BA-BFD6-419C-A872-CCA936E25E38.jpg

Nice. Like the hexagonal pattern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarethS09 said:

F962F52F-AA91-437D-A72F-297FB7BE1984.thumb.jpg.f36997580788adb41137e450e3af8e6d.jpg

B6C8A7D7-F27D-45D1-9502-7CB3A77BCFC6.jpg

D4975B10-E5C7-427F-9424-D80A4ACE141B.jpg

A27B75BA-BFD6-419C-A872-CCA936E25E38.jpg

They look spot on, what did you use to fix them? I've got mine pressed and ready to go but I haven't had time to fit them yet.

1 hour ago, DarrenK said:

They look spot on, what did you use to fix them? I've got mine pressed and ready to go but I haven't had time to fit them yet.

Siliconed some bolts in place that fit the holes in the mesh so the mesh slot over the top of them and then just put a nut on.  Not 100% happy with the fit just yet so many end up re fitting them.

• Thanks 1

That was an eventful days racing........

First race run didn’t go to plan with an ‘off’ that caused some (understatement…)  mechanical issues that weren’t fully apparent until we’d pushed back up to the top:
Broken spoke
Broken rear mech
Bent chain
Deflated tyre

Still, she’d managed to complete the run to get a time on the board.

So with not much time to get the bike fixed before the second race run the team (me a mate & his wife!) jumped into action!

With Darren sorting a tube out for the deflated tyre (spoke through the rim tape….), Alison gave me a lift home to fetch a spare rear mech, cable and other bits if needed – I didn’t have a spare chain though…

So with tyre fixed, rear mech fitted and chain straightened as best we could, she made it just in time for category start – great effort, thank you so much guys!!

Second run went a lot better but still taken as a ‘safe’ run due to the slightly dodgy chain and ‘roughly’ set up gears.

Still finished with a 2nd place, but a fair way back due to the cautious run.

PXL_20240804_074627805.jpg

PXL_20240804_082807189.MP.jpg

PXL_20240804_145344966.jpg

PXL_20240804_150920805.MP.jpg

So this week I will be mostly buying new parts, some spares and fixing a bike.......

• Like 9

Just some diy this weekend....leveled the potting shed and repaint, and fitted some tool boards ready for some french cleats....

IMG_6427.JPG

F746AD1D-A757-45BD-9689-03B012B4CCD5.JPG

• Like 2

I call them Flip Crocs! Take one pair of broken flip flops, and one pair of crocs which have worn through the sole. Cut the straps off the flip flops and hot melt glue them to the crocs! What could possibility go wrong? Well, imminent divorce and ridicule from Mrs Stu of course, for bringing shame on the family, but they are super comfy! 🤪🤪🤣🤣

IMG_1589.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset said:

I call them Flip Crocs! Take one pair of broken flip flops, and one pair of crocs which have worn through the sole. Cut the straps off the flip flops and hot melt glue them to the crocs! What could possibility go wrong? Well, imminent divorce and ridicule from Mrs Stu of course, for bringing shame on the family, but they are super comfy! 🤪🤪🤣🤣

IMG_1589.jpeg

that’s got to be THE most spendthrift things I’ve ever seen! 😂 in fact we should challenge if there are any alternates to beat that Stu - brilliant 🤩 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stuart Davis AO - Devon Cornwall & Somerset said:

IMG_1589.jpeg

That's hilarious!  Can you bounce around with them on?

• Haha 1