Monyash - Sunday 16th April at 1015am

Rob Hunter - Club Secretary

Hi,

We are doing a breakfast meet at the Old Smithy in Monyash at 1015am Sunday morning.

For those coming from the south, we will meet at the A38/A50 services (DE65 6DX) for a 9am depart.

We will stop enroute at the Shell garage at 915am on Duffield Road (DE22 2DG) before heading up the B roads through Wirksworth, Grangemill, Youlgreave etc.

If anyone fancies meeting enroute or at Monyash please feel free 👍

Unfortunately mines still stuck in the alignment bay 🤦

• Sad 2

Going to have a run down but running really later. So hopefully get to meet you guys before you leave 👍😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Morley said:

Sorry can’t make broke down think exhausts gone 🥲

Hopefully nothing too serious!

We had to do a bit of weather dodging this morning with isolated showers in various places, luckily we avoided most of it!

Ash and I met up at the usual A38/A50 services at 9am. As had been busy with upgrades since we met yesterday, now sporting carbon flared sides!

20230416_090219.thumb.jpg.b9cf62dd5d7bf2f80cc5d66f672a0ade.jpg

A few miles up the A38, we dropped into the Shell garage on the A6 to collect Steve. No time for a photo though, as James had landed at our third meeting point in Wirksworth having driven all the way from Grantham.

A quick meet and greet with James in Wirksworth and we were off picking up one of my favourite roads, the B5056 from Grangemill for a spirited blat down the twisties... we then peeled off through Youlgreave to cut cross country. The roads were really quiet, giving us chance to stretch the legs of the XE, Zetec, Xflow and S2000!

Landing at Monyash just after 10, we found Glynn already there casually sporting a mug of tea 😂

20230416_101420.thumb.jpg.aa6aa6783b4d218fbf3c3bafa11849a8.jpg

20230416_105304.thumb.jpg.ff793e42d9c0746d1fdd5c3c59a7b8dc.jpg

With us all needing to be back at a reasonable time, we had a good chat about all things cars, polished off a hearty breakfast and then made plans for heading home.

We decided on a 5 car convoy across to Cromford (to avoid the roadworks chaos of Matlock) where Ash and I headed south through Wirksworth while Glynn, Steve and James headed East down past Ambergate.

Another cracking day out with great mates and amazing cars 👌

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Rob Hunter Derby & Notts AO said:

I saw you at the petrol station in Wirksworth. I was in the tin top with the family. Cars both looked and sounded great as you left 👍

20230416_090219.thumb.jpg.b9cf62dd5d7bf2f80cc5d66f672a0ade.jpg

• Like 2

@potster If I'd known I'd have come over to say hello!

• Like 1