Croft May 1st

Kingster

58 minutes ago, Andrew said:

You really need to invest in a Gopro and share the action! 😎

Haha.. yes would be interesting.. or maybe spend the money on some driving lessons!!

In fact half way through last year I made some adjustments on the front suspension to improve the braking as was always locking up one side.. have now now found how much later I can brake into the corners.. but of course it all happens a bit quicker now as you reach the corner at higher speed!

Another interesting thing is how much more quickly my pads have worn... because now I can put much more braking force into the tyres / pads before locking up! 

Imagine what it would be like with sticky tyres!!

• Like 1

The boy racers will likely have garages for their unofficial test day. 

I was thinking of the grassy bit with a couple of tarmac parking places? 

1 hour ago, Kingster said:

I was thinking of the grassy bit with a couple of tarmac parking places? 

👍 See you in't morning.

Not really the best of days for me yesterday if I'm honest.. During the first session it became apparrent the wheel vibration we had at the last outing at Brands nearly a year ago was still present. We thought it was badly balanced wheels or some sort of tyre problem ..nah,  fresh tyres fitted and balanced, no different, back to the drawing board.

Anyway, we were living with the wheel wobble, when in the afternoon it developed a misfire.. which got gradually worse as the afteroon went on. Tried swapping various components to no avail.

It could have been a good day, as there was lots of fast stuff to play with. I'll put up a couple of vids from the morning before the misfire developed.

Nice to meet folks, although Russ and @Simon Waterfall Syman84 were parked at the opposite end of the paddock, so didn't see much of them. Good luck for the weekend's racing chaps. 

A pic capturing the mood of the day. 

P1070558.thumb.JPG.504d5eb42102cc49209b1b6892a0b0a4.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

there was lots of fast stuff to play

There sure was! It was definitely being used by the vast majority as a test day with a lot of race cars there.

But I had a load of fun in the lowly MX5 and it was a great introduction to track days for a mate of mine who shared the drive. 

48 minutes ago, Kingster said:

But I had a load of fun in the lowly MX5 and it was a great introduction to track days for a mate of mine who shared the drive. 

For a Mazda on track trackday, there wern't many MX5s.. I was expecting wall to wall Sassoons! 😀

First vid from me: My second session of the day.. first one was really just to clean up the brakes and warm the engine oil.

A green rust free MX5 makes an appearance about half way through. 😉

• Like 1

Second vid from me:

Pete's very first session of the day.. his first drive at Croft since he last raced there in 2016,

A Beemer at the start was a bit reluctant to let him by, and a dodgy fifth to second down change at Tower is in the mix. 

• Like 1