• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Petty strut bar for standard SEIW roll bar - SORTED

Kas

No it’s a roll bar but more up to date and substantial. But you can’t fit full weather gear with one, only a half hood. 

Thanks, I'll check it out but still leaning towards the RAC one simply to keep the weather gear (I live in Scotland so it's pretty essential here 😂)

@Kasif it's mainly a road car then respectfully what makes you think you might turn it over? I've never come anywhere close in 23 years and I've had a few hairy episodes 

I'm hoping to do some track days and just for general safety as you never know what might happen and the standard one is cosmetic and pretty much useless. 

I'm pretty careful on the road but think it's a good safety measure to add some additional protection where I can.

Just my opinion, but for the use you propose I think that the RAC rollover bar is fine. 

Oh, and I HAVE seen Westfields rolled over, in fact more than once as I recall. In both cases, the driver was relatively unhurt, because they both had rollover protection.

33 minutes ago, Stuart said:

@Kasif it's mainly a road car then respectfully what makes you think you might turn it over? I've never come anywhere close in 23 years and I've had a few hairy episodes 

I know of at least two 🤣

For balance, I’ve seen pictures of a rolled Westfield that flattened the none braced, standard bar. And from which the driver emerged intact, though presumably a tad bruised and shaken.

BUT, if doing track days with any regularity, I would want a braced bar. (And for competitive driving a cage.)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.