Curborough 2-3-04

Major Stare

Good to see Rocket Ron and Barney are starting 2004 as they finished 2003  ;)  :D  inside Nob Ravins engine with sockets and spanners again  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D

Great to see Mr Navin once again lays down gauntlet and challenges for Lardy Libre  :D  :devil:  :D  :D

Me jealous ..................... oh yes ................. stuck in a poxy meeting all day and I'm only 10 mins from Curborough  :down:  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down: Still .................. I did manage a free lunch  :D  :D

Great photos.  Are there any action shots of Rob spinning - I assume he did........  :D

Do you sprinters ever wonder what it would be like to use 3rd and 4th gears?  :D

I'll get me coat.  :devil:

I dumped some oil on the track causing a few lairy moments for myself and others :oops:  

Who had a camcorder/camera on trackside????

Paul Wright drove his car for the first time today.........warmed it up (10mins), got in (2mins), strapped himself in (a futher 15min task !!!!;).........we all wondered why he wasnt going anywhere.............poor old Paul couldnt reach the peddles and had to spend a further 10mins sorting it out !!      And then proceed to lap Curborough THE WRONG WAY ROUND !!!!!!!  

Hope you sort the oil leak Paul....shame it cut your day short !!

Rob's car ran on 3 cylinders (see photos) but solved it ready to take me for a spin last thing (cheers Rob). Lovely car.!

Barny............well.....he's mental. He took me for a spin....at every corner!!!!!!!!!! :0

Rob had a camcorder strapped to his car.........come on Barny....lets see the footage. :arse:

I see the cream X flow's looking really good this year, some nice work their Rob  :D  :D  :D  are those 1B's your on, any difference then  :D

No spins Dickie.   I wasn't realy trying though, just tring to get used to the new tyers.

Nick the ACB10's are great. In fact the tyers, aero,, widetrack, ARB and diff build seem to have transformed the car.  It now actually feels quick :D

John.  Glad you had a good day and got home OK.  ALways noce to see another X-flow being used in anger.  I look forward to seeing the share price in Valvoline rocket :p

Bring on Croft :D

Barny............well.....he's mental

mental is such a subjective term :D my team of Psychologists

say that im as sane as the next man,unless im standing next

to rob.... :p  :p

glad you had a good day john,see you again

cheers to all who were there great day

barney

ps rob ive just had a look at the video footage   :t-up: very experimental.. :D  :D  :D

rob ive just had a look at the video footage   :t-up: very experimental..

Come on Barney...........lets see the footage :cool:

Big thanks to Rob and Dave B for organising the day.

New sump gasket on order and hopefully will sort that out, then I can concentrate on driving the car !!!

Driving the wrong way round the cct was delibrate to give me a better appreciation of the track etc (taxi for mr.wright....). Jon - you promised not to mention that again, and again, and again

Just a smigen quicker than my previous 1800 zetec - oohhhh by crikey, just a bit !!!

Elvington here I come... :devil:  :devil: