SOLD. AP racing 13/16” tandem master cylinder

DMc

Holy grail of tandem master cylinders. 

I bought a couple of these in the last ever production run, around this time last year from Westfield. 

it’s been dry fitted but not used. 

£sold 

176C898C-4259-4A6C-8531-E37EE403F778.thumb.jpeg.a4323ea3d555ea6c4280c547ee47ed79.jpeg

8FA377D0-39E3-456F-8337-0AA13E219F8F.thumb.jpeg.c42eeb42fa6624fd4347e82d83f91bc3.jpeg

11A1DFBA-6F27-4A05-A856-7FDBC8F84C63.thumb.jpeg.ab93b0db672596680876dccd7b464118.jpeg

• Like 2

The very best Tandem MC you can buy for a Westfield.

• Like 1

Out of interest what improvements does the offer compared to one supplied in the kit?

1 hour ago, Benrobson2999 - Kent AO said:

Out of interest what improvements does the offer compared to one supplied in the kit?

pedal feel/consistency is better.

• Like 2

Yep as Ian says,

each master cylinder is individually shimmed by AP so there is zero ‘slack’ in the push rod. 
they really do feel great. 

I’ve ended up fitting dual masters and balance bar so I’m unlikely to ever use it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it a direct replacement for standard master cylinder no redrilling or new brake pipes to make ?

I can’t comment on the pipework as there’s no standard as such, but the mounting points will be the same 

• Like 1

Pipe wise, they're normally interchangeable with the old standard master cylinders used on floor mount pedal cars. From memory, one of the pipe entries is ever so slightly in a different position, (by mm not cm), but is easy enough to carefully pull over into position, using the tip of your thumb to gently bend the pipe over, if it needs the tiniest of tweaks.

When I last did the swap, I found it easier to put the new AP MC onto the studs on the chassis, but only tighten the nuts enough to stop them falling off. Then connect up the brake pipes while it's still nice and easy to pull and twist the MC, to line them up. (It's not so much they're in the wrong positions, it's just with two rigid brake lines to attach, it can be tricky getting the brake pipe nuts threaded in to start with. Once they're running in properly, then tighten up the MC mounting nuts, then do up the brake pipe nuts.)

• Like 1

It's also an extremely worth while upgrade over the standard MC. Gives much better pedal feel and control, as a result.

• Like 1

• DMc changed the title to SOLD. AP racing 13/16” tandem master cylinder
2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

It's also an extremely worth while upgrade over the standard MC. Gives much better pedal feel and control, as a result.

It certainly does.

Thank you everybody for your input and help. DMc are you open to an offer if so PM me.

7 minutes ago, Steve Le Page said:

Thank you everybody for your input and help. DMc are you open to an offer if so PM me.

Sorry it’s just sold 

Ok no worries thanks everybody.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.