45's from the US

westy666

Cant see why there would be, but has anyone experienced any problems buying stuff from the states?

With the exchange rate in our favour a pair of dcoe 45's are coming out c50 quid cheaper even after the extra shipping is added. :t-up:

Only downside i guess is its not so easy to slam faulty goods down on a counter and demand your money back when the shop's 4000 miles away...

Would appreciate any experiences/info im foolishly overlooking

thanks

Damian

Not sure it's relevant, but have you included any customs charges / VAT / import duty?

Andy

Not sure it's relevant, but have you included any customs charges / VAT / import duty?

Andy

Ask the seller to write down "Gift" on the box so that way the custom won't charge you any custom tax / VAT etc.

yeh i dont know if its relevant either ... cost is coming out at 793.99 for the carbs, 4.99 for handling and 89.59 for international shipping - sounds alot but at todays rate it comes out at £475.  cheapest uk i can find is around that but excluding vat and delivery.

all depends on whether customs wack a charge on it i guess ... anyone? :durr:

Customs will want 17.5% of the costs, once they have been calculated in to sterling.

Max value for gifts in to the UK is, IIRC 195 quid. Of course, if you ask the shipper to value them at less than this, and they get lost or stolen, all you'll get back is the value you state. Also, if customs do inspect them, and they decide you are being dis-honest with the value, they'll be asking all sorts of awkward questions, littered with the words "fraud" and and "illegal", once they've finished questioning the shipper, of course, who will also be in a world of trouble......

Or you might be lucky............  ???

yeh i dont know if its relevant either ... cost is coming out at 793.99 for the carbs, 4.99 for handling and 89.59 for international shipping - sounds alot but at todays rate it comes out at £475.  cheapest uk i can find is around that but excluding vat and delivery.

all depends on whether customs wack a charge on it i guess ... anyone? :durr:

Don't forget that, when purchasing items in the US using a UK credit card you'll get hit for around 2% commission on the transaction - might make a difference on a big purchase.