New Huddersfield based Member

SigmaA

Hello from Huddersfield. I've had my Westfield for 2 years, but only now joined the club and I am looking forward to meeting fellow members in the Yorkshire and Peak District branches. My Westfield is a Sigma engined car, but is plenty fast and fun enough for me.

20220801_173129.jpg

• Like 8

Welcome! There's nothing wrong with a Sigma powered car. We'll look forward to seeing you in the Peaks!

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it and what the club has to offer :)

Welcome and look forward to seeing you at the fantastic Peak District runs. 

Welcome from Mirfield !

Welcome to the Yorkshire area. 

Keep a look out here on the forum for any runs and meetings we have. 

Our next meeting is next Tuesday, 7th at the Fox and Grapes on York Road, A64. 

Welcome, will look forward to seeing you and the car in the Peaks! Looks a great example.

The Sigma engined Westfield, (alas) was one of the relatively "undiscovered" gems of the Westfield range. Even in full road going trim, with interior, windscreen etc. it was such a light car, and, with so little weight over the front wheels, it really was a sublime combination, not needing massive brakes, or wheels/tyres etc. and carried speed through a bend like very few car engined Westfields ever dream of.

Yes, I had one for a few years! Great Westfields, very much in the Chapman ethos.

Pm sent. 

Welcome from bonny 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 nice looking motor.

Welcome. Hope to meet you at one of the Yorkshire meets this year.

Welcome to the club. You live in a great place to own a Westfield with Robin and the Yorkshire crew on your doorstep and with us just to the South of you. Look forward to enjoying the Peak District roads with you very soon.

Julie

Welcome from South Derbyshire, hopefully we'll get to meet in the Peaks!

The sigma cars are brilliant, I have experience of trying to keep up with our own Club Chairman's Sigma engined car in the twisties! Let's just say I was saved from total embarrassment by my extra 100bhp on the straights 😂

12 hours ago, Rob Hunter Derby & Notts AO said:

I was saved from total embarrassment by my extra 120bhp on the straights 😂

Fixed that for you Rob! :p

It’s the speed they carry through corners, specially compared to the big heavy F20C.

Ive had the same wheels and tyres on both the Sigma and the S2000S, and there’s no question, on some tight twisties, the Sigma will go through the sequence of bends faster. But then the engine and box are probably 80kg or so lighter!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

Fixed that for you Rob! :p

It’s the speed they carry through corners, specially compared to the big heavy F20C.

Ive had the same wheels and tyres on both the Sigma and the S2000S, and there’s no question, on some tight twisties, the Sigma will go through the sequence of bends faster. But then the engine and box are probably 80kg or so lighter!

Yes, now I have absolutely no chance! 😂

• Haha 1