Fun trip out today

Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO - Devon & Somerset

Had another fun trip out today with my little co-pilot. We headed down to Bridport to fuel up, then to West Bay for lunch. After that we went along the coast road to Abbotsbury with some excellent views across to Portland Bill. We then headed up to Dorchester, and back up the A356 to Crewkerne; really nice, fast A road driving, though a little chilly!

Tea and hot chocolate to warm up, car washed, dried and tucked safely back in its bubble. Knackered but a fun day.

BEC35F41-F200-434D-99D9-1F6109CA26FF.jpeg

412BDE00-9F90-4851-88F0-018DF29D9F12.jpeg

37E1C11C-1AF0-4F71-AD80-E821CDDC8291.jpeg

52CAEEE4-22C2-4DA2-8789-F4BD7A61DEBE.jpeg

AC5CB95E-4CC7-4F3F-B0EB-F2BD6E63446A.thumb.jpeg.cd67f4a595bff7d63b697aa74daf6e76.jpeg

7DAFA029-DBD1-49AB-84B7-3D0BE42BDABB.png

• Like 8

Hi, have you figured out how to set waypoints on Google maps then? I can't find any way of doing it on my mobile. I did hear that it can only be done on a non-mobile device, any idea if it's true? I use Google maps with my Beats Flex ear plug thingies for when I'm out blatting around but not being able to set way points makes it a joke tbh. I cannot believe that Google maps would have a function so crucial missing! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Hi, have you figured out how to set waypoints on Google maps then? I can't find any way of doing it on my mobile. I did hear that it can only be done on a non-mobile device, any idea if it's true? I use Google maps with my Beats Flex ear plug thingies for when I'm out blatting around but not being able to set way points makes it a joke tbh. I cannot believe that Google maps would have a function so crucial missing! 

Yep, you can do it on your phone quite easily. I’ve chucked a few screenshots in here, but basically set your end destination and start the route. Then tap on the three dots in the top left and it brings up a menu with an option to add stops. Type in the first stop, and it will go to the end of the list. Click and hold on the three horizontal lines and you can move it up the list. Repeat with more stops as needed. Works well.

B4806477-A71D-4B1A-A2FB-81704D6678F3.png

535BA2C3-32CA-42FD-8D04-7533A20032E7.png

B4D046E8-DF9A-4386-8971-30CAF6FD55F4.png

D3CF02B2-D540-4D14-9EF4-C6E9DDE5B710.png

B5DE74F2-39A7-40F1-AEA2-21A6C9DD5D70.png

8DF26353-0AA2-4B9C-8A57-612751A0BB24.png

2111C5CB-F448-4E83-ABA1-D13E0532E869.png

1495184B-AC32-4A88-913E-3E2BB38159C1.png

• Thanks 1

Excellent work Stu but it's a rubbish route for a Westfield 'cos it misses the Beaminster Tunnel :getmecoat:

• Haha 2

Thanks Stu. I have actually used that exact system before, trouble is they are stops not waypoints and I found everytime I arrived at one it stopped navigating. You have to stop the car, remove gloves etc and press continue to get to the next stop. When I'm on a mission I can't be doing with that nonsense 🤣🤣

32 minutes ago, jonjh1964 said:

Excellent work Stu but it's a rubbish route for a Westfield 'cos it misses the Beaminster Tunnel :getmecoat:

Very true, fortunately that was just a Google example, we did actually go through the tunnel at suitably hi revs 🤣. Lorna screamed 🤣

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Thanks Stu. I have actually used that exact system before, trouble is they are stops not waypoints and I found everytime I arrived at one it stopped navigating. You have to stop the car, remove gloves etc and press continue to get to the next stop. When I'm on a mission I can't be doing with that nonsense 🤣🤣

Ah yes, that is very true. Shame.

22 hours ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Have you tried Calimoto or BBR at all?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fatblokestu said:

Have you tried Calimoto or BBR at all?

Nope, never heard of them tbh. I'll Google! Cheers 

7 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Nope, never heard of them tbh. I'll Google! Cheers 

Both biking apps but I guess we are all after the same sort of roads. BBR = BestBikingRoads

• Like 1

On 10/02/2023 at 22:10, fatblokestu said:

Both biking apps but I guess we are all after the same sort of roads. BBR = BestBikingRoads

I tried Calimoto today while sat at home. Looks like a winner! Waypoints are actually easy to set. I have yet to test it on the road but so far so good. This should make accurate route planning and usage while wearing gloves, helmet etc actually doable whereas with Google Maps it's a joke!