V5 description - partial error and chassis no. on Pedal Cover question.

nikos

hello my friends 

i have find to buy a westfield 1992 wide body 

i have 2 questions 

first the chassis number and engine number are stamped at pedal cover 

is that ok ? 

and the description in v5 car model say LOW LOADER 

is that ok ? 

chassis number ADA91WSExxxx

8 hours ago, nikos said:

hello my friends 

i have find to buy a westfield 1992 wide body 

Worth noting, Nikos wishes to import the car into the EU (Greece)

8 hours ago, nikos said:

i have 2 questions 

first the chassis number and engine number are stamped at pedal cover 

is that ok ? 

and the description in v5 car model say LOW LOADER 

is that ok ? 

A likely typo by the DVLA, however it's past numerous MOT's with this

image.png.b9bb3bcf7d9659fd8aa594e637213e53.png

The erroneous Low Loader, description is at least prefixed with Westfield- perhaps the owner when it was registered, described the car as a low rider?

8 hours ago, nikos said:

chassis number ADA91WSExxxx

Others posts of the forum suggest ADA is a normal chassis number prefix for early cars:

The deeper question, is are the Greek authorities going to cause any problems when registering the car in Greece? due to this 'Low Loader' description?

• Like 1

• Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO changed the title to V5 description - partial error and chassis no. on Pedal Cover question.

It would be sufficient for me to avoid buying it.  I would wonder why any honest, knowing and caring owner wouldn’t make the effort to sort it out.  When I bought mine many moons ago, for some reason the V5 came back from Swansea showing the car had three seats - neat trick unless it’s got a side-facing rumble seat.  I contacted the DVLA and got it sorted within a week.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Scott Young (Captain Colonial) - Club Secretary said:

It would be sufficient for me to avoid buying it.  I would wonder why any honest, knowing and caring owner wouldn’t make the effort to sort it out.  When I bought mine many moons ago, for some reason the V5 came back from Swansea showing the car had three seats - neat trick unless it’s got a side-facing rumble seat.  I contacted the DVLA and got it sorted within a week.  

The seller is going to try to correct it with DVLA.

It’s very easy to get caught up in the moment and excitement when buying.  You have to remember that it’s okay buying a car with known issues, but you have to determine what kind of problems they are.  Problems you can sort in your own garage, fine.  Problems partly or fully out of your control that you have to rely on others (like DVLA) to sort that might jeopardise your ability to own or enjoy the car - walk away and keep looking, there’s other cars out there.