Recommendations for laser cut steel sheet

RichK

Does anyone have any recommendations for reasonably priced laser cut steel? I'm making a few custom brackets and fabrications for the kit.

I'm after small quantities of a few designs in 2 and 3mm sheet mild steel. I have designs completed for most of the parts and dxf files ready, and have had some quotes from Fractory to give me an idea of price, but wondered if anyone else had any recommendations of places they have used for small quantities and would recommend?

I'm attempting to conclude all the design work and have cardboard prototypes test fitted in the next few weeks, so would be able to order all the 2 and 3mm parts in one batch. 

I’m using cut-tec for large orders and fractory for the small one-offs.

Thanks Mark,

I don't think I have enough quantity for cut-tec looking at their process as I'll be looking at a very low value order for them. Which to limit the overall cost I think leaves me with fractory, or  hand cut the parts myself (this limits design scope for me).

What was the fractory experience like? Happy with the service and quality?  

I'm looking at very small numbers of each design (max 2 or 3 pieces per).  As fractory can handle small orders seemingly easily (albeit maybe a higher piece cost) I will probably end up there, so I'm  interested to hear of your experience in using them.

14 hours ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

I’m using cut-tec for large orders and fractory for the small one-offs.

35 minutes ago, RichK said:

What was the fractory experience like? Happy with the service and quality?  

I can’t fault them. Prices are probably double what cut-etc would charge for the same but the quality is spot on and most stuff arrives within about a week.I’ve used them for folding on a few parts as well as the laser cutting. 

• Like 1

These were fractory

58B39999-F8DB-4EC9-9D1C-556DB19A187A.jpeg

• Like 2